Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Saturday, January 10, 2015

What Goes Around Comes Around plus Request

Hey everyone…you might remember that our Ami and her husband Dan went through a bit of a rough time last year when he was fighting cancer.  Her has to go back for an MRI this coming Monday so if you could shoot a few prayers, positive thoughts, and/or healing energy his way, it would be much appreciated.

Please remember to keep sending prayers, positive thoughts, and/or healing energy to our Queenie and her fight.

Our sweet Katie is still away from home helping her mother to recover from her accident and her father in his challenges.  Please keep sending prayers, positive thoughts, and/or healing energy to help her in her challenges.
 

The Chain of Love by Clay Walker (Short Story )
-------------------------------------
One day a man saw an old lady, stranded on the side of the road, but even in the dim light of day, he could see she needed ...help. So he pulled up in front of her Mercedes and got out. His Pontiac was still sputtering when he approached her.
 
Even with the smile on his face, she was worried.  No one had stopped to help for the last hour or so.  Was he going to hurt her?  He didn’t look safe; he looked poor and hungry. 
He could see that she was frightened, standing out there in the cold.  He knew how she felt.  It was those chills which only fear can put in you. He said, “I’m here to help you, ma’am.  Why don’t you wait in the car where it’s warm?  By the way, my name is Bryan Anderson.”
 
Well, all she had was a flat tire, but for an old lady, that was bad enough.  Bryan crawled under the car looking for a place to put the jack, skinning his knuckles a time or two.  Soon he was able to change the tire.  But he had to get dirty and his hands hurt.
 
As he was tightening up the lug nuts, she rolled down the window and began to talk to him.  She told him that she was from St. Louis and was only just passing through.  She couldn’t thank him enough for coming to her aid.
 
Bryan just smiled as he closed her trunk.  The lady asked how much she owed him.  Any amount would have been all right with her.  She already imagined all the awful things that could have happened had he not stopped.
 
Bryan never thought twice about being paid.  This was not a job to him.  This was helping someone in need, and God knows there were plenty, who had given him a hand in the past.  He had lived his whole life that way, and it never occurred to him to act any other way.
 
He told her that if she really wanted to pay him back, the next time she saw someone who needed help, she could give that person the assistance they needed, and Bryan added, “And think of me.”
 
He waited until she started her car and drove off. It had been a cold and depressing day, but he felt good as he headed for home, disappearing into the twilight.
 
A few miles down the road the lady saw a small cafe.  She went in to grab a bite to eat, and take the chill off before she made the last leg of her trip home.  It was a dingy looking restaurant.  Outside were two old gas pumps.  The whole scene was unfamiliar to her.
 
The waitress came over and brought a clean towel to wipe her wet hair.  She had a sweet smile, one that even being on her feet for the whole day couldn’t erase.  The lady noticed the waitress was nearly eight months pregnant, but she never let the strain and aches change her attitude.  The old lady wondered how someone who had so little could be so giving to a stranger.  Then she remembered Bryan.
 
After the lady finished her meal, she paid with a hundred dollar bill.  The waitress quickly went to get change for her hundred dollar bill, but the old lady had slipped right out the door.  She was gone by the time the waitress came back.  The waitress wondered where the lady could be.  Then she noticed something written on the napkin.
 
There were tears in her eyes when she read what the lady wrote: “You don’t owe me anything.  I have been there too.  Somebody once helped me out, the way I’m helping you.  If you really want to pay me back, here is what you do:  Do not let this chain of love end with you.”
 
Under the napkin were four more $100 bills.
 
Well, there were tables to clear, sugar bowls to fill, and people to serve, but the waitress made it through another day. That night when she got home from work and climbed into bed, she was thinking about the money and what the lady had written.  How could the lady have known how much she and her husband needed it?  With the baby due next month, it was going to be hard…
 
She knew how worried her husband was, and as he lay sleeping next to her, she gave him a soft kiss and whispered soft and low, “Everything’s going to be all right. I love you, Bryan Anderson.”
 
There is an old saying “What goes around comes around.”
 
Courtesy of Illuzone

28 comments:

  1. Hi Cat, cancer is such a malicious disease. I hope that Ami’s husband gets through this well. Since your last update on Queenie, she has been in my thoughts and I will send positive energy their and Katie’s way. Katie sure has a lot to deal with right now and she’s in my thoughts.

    This is such a lovely story, so positive and with a happy ending everybody could only wish for. At the same time it is a happy ending everybody could add to. I love that, thank you for it, Cat.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang Nina...I know I did answer this comment but my reply seems to have disappeared! Anyhoo...I totally agree with you regarding cancer...it is a malicious and insidious disease. Thank you for all the good thoughts and positive energy for everyone...I truly believe that they do help.

      So happy you enjoyed the story. It is a happy ending that everyone could add to simply by giving what they can...even if it is just a smile or a helping hand.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. Katie and her family and Queenie are regulars on my pray list at the moment. I will add Ami and her hubby. My mom always said...'what goes around, comes around'...so this made me smile..and tear up. But she was right.....Thanks for posting this.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the prayers. Happy to give you a good memory of your mom.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. Hey Cat,
    Wow- such a sweet sweet story. I loved it.
    And thank you for the updates on those that need our prayers.
    hugs
    Cali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed the story Cali and always happy to help out our community,

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. Prayers for Ami and Katie

    I heard that story many times but it is worth reading again. It reminds me to be kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the prayers Rose. I've always enjoyed this reminder also.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. I have all of the above in my prayers, including you.

    The story is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Minelle and happy you enjoyed the story. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  6. Tearing up.
    Keeping everyone in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't mean to make you tear up Sunny. Thanks for the prayers...I know they are very much appreciated.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  7. Including all those in need in my prayers. Thanks for letting us know. I have never heard this story before. Thank you for sharing even if it did make me cry. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Lisa...thank you for all the prayers. Didn't mean to make you cry but happy you enjoyed the story.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  8. Hi Cat, thank you for the updates on Ami's Dan, Katie and Queenie. Sending positive thoughts and prayers to all.

    What a wonderful, sweet story. Thank you for sharing.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the positive thoughts and prayers...I know they are very much appreciated.

      Happy you enjoyed the story.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  9. Oh Cat, sweet story. am thinking of everyone today. Hope Dan gets on okay. I have much sympathy for Queenie, having been there myself. I hope Katie's family can cope with their misfortunes , Life is hard sometimes
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed the story Jan. Thank you so much for the positive thoughts for everyone...I know they are appreciated.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  10. What a wonderful story that was. Stories that bring out basically the goodness of people inspire me. It is in the little things that will ultimately make the difference, I think. What do you think Cat? Just do it, because you feel it needs to be done. Everyone can do that. And yet we think it so special. I hope it will not be a special story someday, Cat. Everyone will shrug and say, yes, and...?

    I'm a dreamer Cat, that's my problem. A dreamer.
    Smile to you for making your wonderful post,

    Han

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you enjoyed the story Han. I agree, it is the little things that will make the difference...but they turn out not to be so little for the receiver are they. I do hope that one day everyone passes on what others need. Oh no Han...being a dreamer is definitely not a problem...we need more dreamers.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  11. That gave me goose bumps. This a story that needs to be retold a lot. Sometimes I find it so hard to accept help but sometimes I really need it and I always try to give it to the next person. A smile does not cost me a thing, holding a door open, or even a kind word goes a long way. At least it makes my day a lot brighter. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Blondie...this story needs to be retold so that we all learn from it. It is much easier for me to give help than accept it also. It's amazing to smile at someone as I'm walking through the store and watch the surprise on their face. ;) Happy you enjoyed the story.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  12. Ami and Dan and family, Queenie and family, Katie and family, and many others in our community are always in my heart and prayers.

    I like sweet surprise in this story every time I read it. ;-)

    Hugs to you, Cat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the prayers...they are definitely working.

      Happy you enjoyed the story.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  13. Thanks for keeping us updated on the community, Cat! I've been saying prayers for Queenie and Katie, I'll make sure to add Ami and Dan to the list too. Also, to you for healing! I've heard you've been fighting a nasty chest virus.

    Loved the story. You can just never tell how someone or something might touch your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Clara...and thank you for all the prayers...I truly believe they are helping everyone.

      Happy you enjoyed the story. I agree...you never can tell how something might touch your life or how you might touch someone else's life.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  14. Thank you very much, Cat. I loved this story. I think kindness is something we could all try to keep passing on. Especially to smile at people.

    I also send prayers and supportive thoughts to both Katie and Queenie.

    And I am still sending them to you too!!!

    Many hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you enjoyed the story Ami...I do believe a simple smile can change someone's day. Thank you for sending prayers to Katie and Queenie...I know they are helping. Oh yes, I also appreciate the prayers. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.