Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Pearly Gates

gates3

A cab driver reaches the Pearly Gates.

St. Peter looks him up in his Big Book and tells him to pick up a gold staff and a silk robe and proceed into Heaven.


Next in line is a preacher.

St. Peter looks him up in his Big Book, furrows his brow and says, "OK, we'll let you in, but take that cloth robe and wooden staff."

 
The preacher is shocked and replies, "But I am a man of the cloth. You gave that cab driver a gold staff and a silk robe. Surely I rate higher than a cabbie!"

 
St. Peter responds matter-of-factly, "This is Heaven and up here, we are interested in results. When you preached, people slept. When the cabbie drove his taxi, people prayed."

He does have a good point! Winking smile  

16 comments:

  1. Cat,
    St. Peter certainly has a point.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure does Mere! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. LoL Cat, good one. Didn't see that coming. Thanks for the giggle :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotcha Roz! You're very welcome...happy you enjoyed it. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. Hi Cat, my taxi driver husband said Thank you for that!!
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Jan...tell your taxi driver husband I said "you are very welcome!" ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. LOL.....results are what counts....funny.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Abby...happy you enjoyed. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. Good one Cat. Thank you.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Ronnie...happy you enjoyed. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  6. Hi Cat, I knew this one but since I keep forgetting jokes it makes me laugh again and again when I read it somewhere. Thank you for the giggles.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Nina...I also keep forgetting jokes but even when I remember them, I still end up laughing at them. Happy you enjoyed. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  7. ROFLMBO Cuz!! :) I'm going to try to remember this one. I am terrible at that though. LOL! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you enjoyed it Cuz...just come read it a few times and I'll bet you remember it. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  8. My daughter drives a lot with cabs because of her wheelchair and I can confirm she has already in 20 years prayed the prayers of a lifetime!

    Wise man, St. Peter. Good choice to give him this job.

    Han

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too have prayed every time I get in a cab Han...those drivers can be so aggressive! Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts for your daughter's safety!

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.