Adult Content Warning
You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.
Sunday, November 30, 2014
Saturday, November 29, 2014
Before the final match, the Irish wrestler's trainer came to him and said ‘Now, don’t forget all the research we've done on this Russian. He’s never lost a match because of this 'pretzel' hold he has. Whatever you do, do not let him get you in that hold! If he does, you’re finished.'
The Irishman nodded in acknowledgment.
As the match started, the Irishman and the Russian circled each other several times, looking for an opening.
All of a sudden, the Russian lunged forward, grabbing the Irishman and wrapping him up in the dreaded pretzel hold. A sigh of disappointment arose from the crowd and the trainer buried his face in his hands, for he knew all was lost. He couldn't watch the inevitable happen.
Suddenly, there was a long, high pitched scream, then a cheer from the crowd and the trainer raised his eyes just in time to watch the Russian go flying up in the air. His back hit the mat with a thud and the Irishman collapsed on top of him, making the pin and winning the match.
The trainer was astounded.
When he finally got his wrestler alone, he asked 'How did you ever get out of that hold? No one has ever done it before!'
The wrestler answered 'Well, I was ready to give up when he got me in that hold but at the last moment, I opened my eyes and saw this pair of testicles right in front of my face. I had nothing to lose so with my last ounce of strength, I stretched out my neck and bit those babies just as hard as I could.'
The trainer exclaimed 'That's what finished him off?'
'Not really. You'd be amazed how strong you get when you bite your own nuts.’
Friday, November 28, 2014
13 Amazing Food and Life Hacks You Need to Know Right Now
I know what you’re thinking- how could there possibly be any food hacks that I do not yet know? But read on and I think you will find that these are some you have never seen before. You will be amazed at how these simple food hacks can make your life easier and better!
1. Keep cake moist by just eating the entire thing in one sitting.
2. How to determine if an egg is fresh: do you remember buying the eggs? If you don’t, they probably aren’t fresh.
3. For perfectly cooked burgers every time, go to a restaurant.
4. Can’t fold a fitted sheet? Don’t worry, nobody can. Unless you are a wizard or something.
5. To store asparagus for up to 2 weeks, first I would suggest you consider how much you actually like asparagus and why you bought so much asparagus 2 weeks before you planned on eating it.
6. An excellent snack dispenser is the bag the snack came in. No need to put it in a different container, and certainly not an old creamer bottle. What are you, crazy?
7. How to tell if your avocado is ripe: squeeze it, then cut it open and see if it is ripe.
8. If you’re at a bar and need to leave your seat for a moment, always put a coaster over your drink. Having to lift up a coaster will definitely, without a doubt deter anyone who was planning to slip a roofie in your drink.
9. To avoid messy hands while eating a popsicle, use a napkin.
10. No time to boil water? You must be incredibly busy if you don’t have time for that. I think you might be overextending yourself. Take a look at your schedule and see if there are some things you could re-prioritize. You may be headed for a burn-out.
11. To make perfect potato wedges, use a knife to cut a potato into perfect wedges.
12. Trouble using chopsticks? Try a fork.
13. If you were thinking of turning an old plastic pants hanger into a chip clip or cookbook holder, you might be a hillbilly.
Thursday, November 27, 2014
- 1 (15 ounces) canned or or pureed pumpkin
- 2 Teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ Teaspoons salt
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 small (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- Mix pumpkin, pumpkin spice and salt together in a large bowl.
- Slowly stir in milk and mix well.
- Add instant pudding mix.
- Stir for approximately two minutes until thickened.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- I use my electric hand mixer to mix all the ingredients but you could use a food processor or mix by hand if you prefer.
- I have substituted almond milk in this recipe with no problem.
- For those who don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can make 8 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice of your own by mixing together the following:
- 4 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 4 Teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 4 Teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 Teaspoons ground allspice
- Store any unused spice in an air tight container
For those of you who have leftovers, here is the link to a recipe I shared last year that you might enjoy: http://gigglesgrinsandreflections.blogspot.com/2013/11/day-after-turkey-soup.html
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and if you try the recipe, as always, I would love any feedback you would care to give.
Hope you enjoy!
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
I am very thankful for my family, friends, good health, job, warm roof over my head, food in my stomach, clothes on my back, and for all of you, my blogging family/friends. I am truly blessed.
I wish all of you a loving, warm, and wonderful time with your family and friends during this Thanksgiving holiday. If you are away from home, I pray you have safe travels.
Blessings to all!
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
- …that we should bring back.
A medieval f-word.
Heavens to Betsy
We’re not sure who Betsy is, but she sure heard a lot of ‘50s housewives’ frustrations.
Part of the family that brought you “Dadgummit,” it was one of the more serious curses of the time.
Shiver Me Timbers
Not just for pirates anymore.
Courtesy of theChive
How many of these did you know?
Monday, November 24, 2014
The answers will be on the tip of your tongue, but you just can't quite remember the correct answer.
The answers are after the questions...please don't look at them until you have tried to figure out the questions.
Have some fun my sharp-witted friends…this is a test for us 'older kids'!
01. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably, someone would answer, I don't know, but he left this behind. What did he leave behind?________________.
02. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. In early 1964, we all watched them on The ____ ___________ Show.
03. 'Get your kicks, __ _________ _______.'
04. 'The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed to _____ _ _____.'
05. 'In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ____ ____ ____ ____.'
06. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we 'danced' under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the '_____.'
07. Nestle's makes the very best.... _________.'
08. Satchmo was America 's 'Ambassador of Goodwill.' Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was
09. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______.
10. Red Skeleton's hobo character was named ______ ___ ________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, 'Good Night, and '________ ________ '
11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their ______ _______.
12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? ___ & _______.
13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, 'the day the music died.' This was a tribute to _______ ____________.
14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called __________.
15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the ______ _____ .
16. Remember LS/MFT _____ _____/_____ _____ _____?
17. Hey Kids! What time is it? It's _____ ______ _____!
18. Who knows what secrets lie in the hearts of men? Only The _____ Knows!
19. There was a song that came out in the 60's that was "a grave yard smash". It's name was the ______ ______!
20. Alka Seltzer used a "boy with a tablet on his head" as it's Logo/Representative. What was the boy's name? ________
01.The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.
02. The Ed Sullivan Show
03. On Route 66
04.To protect the innocent.
05.The Lion Sleeps Tonight
06. The limbo
08. Louis Armstrong
09. The Timex watch
10. Freddy, The Freeloader and 'Good Night and God Bless.'
11. Draft cards (Bras were also burned. Not flags, as some have guessed)
12. Beetle or Bug
13. Buddy Holly
16. Lucky Strike/Means Fine Tobacco
17. Howdy Doody Time
How did you do?
Sunday, November 23, 2014
So let’s start off our week putting aside any negativity and remembering what is most important in life.
Now go out and make this a positive week!