Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Blogiversary


My blog was created as a place where I could share giggles or thoughts or recipes with friends I had met in blog land. One year ago today, I pressed the Publish button for the first time but didn't tell anyone that I had done so. 


I originally thought that I would just put things up that I wanted to share and if I thought someone could use a giggle or pep talk, I would direct them to a particular post...didn't quite work out that way!  LOL   I directed one friend to a post and then directed another and those little stinkers...passed the word...including putting me on their blog rolls! 

The past year has been eventful for many in blog land.  We've had deaths, losses, health crisis', accidents, housing issues, jobs lost and threats by fame seeking who*es!  We've also had births, anniversaries, new homes, graduations, new jobs and triumphs!  Several visitors who used to comment regularly around the blogs have 'disappeared' and we have 'new' visitors commenting.  Some blogs have gone 'private', some have been taken down, some have had no posts for months and others have been created.  

I haven't been visiting around as much but have tried to make sure that there was something 'new' if you came to visit here.


Bottom line...life happened.  



As life goes on, here are a joke, a recipe and a 'thought' for y'all.

 


Be honest...you got at least five wrong didn't ya! LOL


Cilantro Lime Chicken and Rice

Ingredients

  • 2 cups rice
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • Cooked chicken breast, approx 4 breasts, cubed
  • 1/2 cup cashews
  • 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, scraped and chopped
  • 1 tsp. mustard seeds 
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 3 cloves minced garlic
  •  1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional) – can always increase after tasting
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1/2 cup lime juice
  • 1/4 cup grated coconut 
  • 1 1/4 cups water

Directions

  1. Bring 4 cups water to boil; add rice and 1 teaspoon salt.
  2. Cook 10 minutes and strain.
  3. Melt butter in skillet.
  4. Add chicken, cashews, ginger, mustard seed, onions and garlic.
  5. Fry 1 minute, then add red pepper flakes, cilantro, lime juice, grated coconut and 1 1/4 cups water.
  6. Add rice and bring to a boil.
  7. Pour into greased casserole dish.
  8. Cover and bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
  9. Serves approximately 6-8.

Notes:

  • If using brown rice, double the ‘boiling’ time.
  • If you don’t have time to cook the chicken breasts, you can use frozen cooked chicken (e.g., Tyson Oven Roasted diced – 22oz) or purchase a roasted chicken from your supermarket deli and dice. If you are a vegetarian, this is also awesome without the chicken but won't serve as many.
  • If you don’t care for cashews, you can substitute peanuts (I personally don’t think it tastes quite as good but…)
  • I was speaking to a friend from the UK the other day who said she didn’t have a clue what cilantro is. Now this woman is an awesome cook…more like a chef!  So I have to believe that she either couldn’t understand my *snort* ‘accent’ or they call cilantro something different.  I did a bit of research and found that some countries refer to the cilantro as "fresh coriander" or "coriander leaves."





Through the past year, many of the 'visitors' to my blog have become family...but family, friend or anonymous visitor...each one of you is welcome and very much cherished. 

Hugs and Blessings to all!

35 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm still waiting for an invite to camp on your land while you stand on the porch shooting at HOH's errr I mean coyotes ( but I do believe I called the boxed up spare room). Next month is a year for me too. I said to Susie just yesterday, " OMG, I think I'm now an experienced blogger" ( note not and experienced ttwder!).

    It has been an honour CAT. When I first started blogging there were a core few that always commented. You were one of them,( my fellow anal bead-knowing friend...which dubbed as perverts I do believe!). The landscape certainly has changed, but the warmth received in those first few months still resides in my heart. We have been very fortunate to find a giggle and countless grins from your blog. NOT too mention 3 very happy boys who loved your Christmas morning cake, and the tilapia recipes you sent me. And then there is also all your advice and support!

    Many thanks, and more importantly much love
    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Willie...ya really don't want to camp this time of year! Yes...you did call the boxed up spare room but have no clue where you would sleep in there...on top of the boxes? *teehee* I do believe I told ya you could have the couch or bring your sleeping bag and I have a large living room...we'll have a slumber party!

      I remember when you started and I was sending you instructions...look at ya now! Yes...you are definitely an experienced blogger.

      *snort* ya just had to remind and/or inform everyone that we're the anal-bead knowing perverts?

      Have no clue why blogger has decided that I don't need to be informed when you and several others post...today (yes, I know I'm very late in replying) I received today's post and then yesterday's LOL post from one blogger! Hopefully, now that my mom's health is much better and I think mine is getting there...darn doc's still can't figure out exactly what is wrong but at least I have recovered from my surgery and my arm works...anywho...hopefully, I will get back around to visiting everyone. You and Barney have come so far...very proud of your patience grasshopper. ;)

      Very happy you enjoy the giggles and grins. Oh yes, the Christmas cake...getting to be that time of year...are you gonna make the cake again? I am going to try to put together some other recipes this weekend and start posting them.

      Silly Willy...you always have my advice and support...whether you want them or not! ROFL

      You are so very welcome my dear...

      Hugs, love and blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. Happy Blogaversary Cat. So glad you pushed that Publish button.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sunny...very much appreciated!

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. Happy Blogiversary Cat! Whenever I need a smile, this is the place I come to find it and you never disappoint. Thanks for sharing your laughs and, even more, your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a sweet compliment Dana...hope I can continue helping you smile. Thank you for your friendship!

      Hugs and blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. Happy Blogoversary darlin! So much to be happy about, isn't there?
    So many wonderful friends!!
    Now I have to check when I started...Cannot really remember! Funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Minelle...yes there is a lot to be happy about and so many awesome friends of which you are one!

      I just checked...you first post went up the 19th of July 2012 so you so you are almost 4 months past your blogiversary! ;)

      Hugs, love and blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. Happy blogoversary!!! I'm so glad you're here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogiversary Cat! Blogland most definitely would not be the same without you and it has been a true honour.

    You are always here to provide a giggle or a thought when we need it most. You have no idea how good it is to visit here at the end of a hard day, or during tough times and to be able to breathe and laugh. You are also quick to rally the rest of us when someone is in need and to herald the triumphs. Not to mention the sound and invaluable advice you give us. A true friend.

    Thank you Cat.

    Love
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Roz for such a lovely compliment!

      Oh good gravy...now ya got the tears rolling! So happy I have been able to help in some small way.

      Hugs, love and blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  7. Happy Blogiversary. You certainly brighten up our day with your posts. Thank you and keep us chuckling and thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you DF...so happy you enjoy the giggles and thoughts. ;)

      Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  8. Happy blogiversary Cat, it is nice to know you. I can't believe it. I actually said books for the first one and then caught up with the rest. Such innocence in the Rose household lol
    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan...it is lovely getting to know you also! ROFL...definitely such innocence in the Rose household!

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  9. Thank you for all the grins, Cat! I hope you have many more blogiversaries. Hugs and best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Queenie...what a sweet hope! Will continue to try and post giggles, grins and thoughts. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      BTW...if you ever want to guest post here, just email me and we can work out the logistics. ;)

      Delete
  10. Whatever it was that lead you here Cat (was it really that innocent? - that's so funny!), we are definitely blessed by you - and I'm always excited to see you've posted next, as I know I'll have a big big smile.

    Happy Blogiversary!

    hugs,
    Cali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cali...what led me to blog land was not that innocent...if you haven't read it, you can read about that journey on the My Life link above but yes, the creation of my blog was that innocent. ;) So happy I've been able to entertain you. :D

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  11. Happy Blogiversary! :) LOL I got five of them six wrong, the Duke got all six wrong. Thanks for the laugh. ;) I don't ever get to call him a dirty minded freak, so it was fun. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Es May! LOL...well we now know who has the dirtiest mind in your family don't we. ;) Will try to find some more so you can prove it again. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  12. Happy Blogiversary! Thanks for all the smiles!!! And thanks for the recipe :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terps! So happy you have enjoyed all the smiles and will try to post some more recipes...and make sure some are gluten-free! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  13. Happy Blogiversary, Cat !
    I am glad I found you. Your blog made me smile many times.. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a lovely compliment ML! Hope I can continue to make you smile! ;)

      Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  14. Happy Blogiversary, Cat! Yayyyy! It's hard to believe that a year has passed! We love you in blogland and hope you continue to post and comment on other's blogs! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much C! I've been a bit absent but now that mom is better and I'm recovered from my surgery and hopefully the docs are gonna find out the rest of the problem, I'll be popping around blog land more...including chat! Really missing everyone. :(

      Hugs, love and blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  15. Cat! I didn't mean to miss this post. Happy Blogiverary...well happy belated one anyway. I have so enjoyed your fun posts as well as the encouragements that you leave here from time to time. I know you can't get around to as many blogs as you might want to but whenever you do drop by mine, it gives me reason to pause and think on what you say. So thank you! I will always enjoy coming here on days when I can be online. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Susie...don't worry about it...ya see when I'm replying to your comment? Thank you for such a lovely compliment! Hope you can always find something here to make you smile. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  16. Happy very belated Blogiversary! I got over my stubborn and came back to try once again to follow you by email. After sending my request, I noticed this post link on your sidebar. Yikes. So very sorry I missed chiming in in a timely manner.

    Okay, so you know Word Girl thought of books right before boobs, and Country Girl thigh of ponds instead of pulse just before penis occurred to her. Right? Lol!

    You kept me going many times when you had no clue you were doing so, pulling me out of my ex-induced angst and funk so many times, causing me to smile. It was enough to let me break free from the weight of all that ugly stress for awhile, rally back to myself, relax a bit and just be who I am the way I like to be. Bless you for that. I like me much better when I am not overwhelmed with fending off the ugly muck being slung at me. D and the kids like me better that way, too! Bless you, my friend. Hugs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Almost forgot. That recipe sounds wonderful. Reminds me of Applebee's tequila lime chicken. Yummy!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the giggles and lovely compliment Irishey. So happy if I was able to provide even a bit of stress relief for you.

      Next time you are getting ugly muck slung at you, just picture me kicking some 'ugly muck slingers' butt!

      Let me know if you try the recipe. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.