Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Friday, September 5, 2014

Results x 2

Hey y’all…went for my ultrasound today and didn’t even have to wait for my results…got them before I left the hospital!  Doin’ my happy dance here…no malignancies…just cysts…don’t even need to come back for another year!  Yup, I did cry tears of joy.
 
Thank all y’all so very much…I truly believe all the prayers, healing energy, positive thoughts, hugs and love I received are responsible for my good news.  I am so blessed to be part of this lovely blog land family.
 
Happydance
 
Now, I’ll turn you over to Queenie for her results!
 
Hello again blog land. It’s Queenie. (I’ve decided to just stick with that name after all.) It’s been a few weeks since Cat so graciously allowed me to guest post on her blog. In some of my replies to your comments, I promised to keep you updated on my condition. I do have some new information about that to share.
 
First though, I want to thank everyone once again for the kind, forgiving and supportive comments on that last post. More importantly, a HUGE thank you to all who prayed for me. I truly believe it is those prayers from all of you, my family, friends and even people who don’t even know me at all, that made what I’m about to share possible. Let me assure you, God can and does create miracles for just regular ‘folks’ like me. I can prove it.

I had a CT scan last week to see if the cancer had spread anywhere else. My liver was most at risk, but it could have been anywhere in my pelvic/abdominal region. I am beyond thrilled to tell you that cancer has NOT spread!
Excuse me while I do my happy dance ……….

Followed by dropping to my knees to praise Jesus…………

The true miracle here, however, is that the ‘mass’ moved. In it’s original position, (I have it in black and white from the first doctor’s report), I would have required radiation/chemo before surgery. I would have also required a permanent colostomy. The CT scan shows that this is no longer the case. The mass is now in a much more advantageous location. In fact, it has relocated a full 10 inches. I do NOT need radiation/chemo prior to surgery, and I do NOT need a colostomy.

Cue more dancing and praising Jesus ………….

So, I’m still facing surgery in a few weeks, (unless the thing disappears entirely), but compared to what I could have been facing, I’m actually very upbeat about it. I’m determined to recover quickly, get back on my feet ASAP and put this whole thing behind me for good.

I have learned so much from this. I know there is still more to learn. There are also many blessing from this experience. I will never be the same person again. I know that every single day on this earth is a gift. That gift can be taken from any of us at any time. Our whole life can change with a simple medical test. I will never again stress about the ‘little’ things. My faith in the basic goodness of others’ has been grown beyond anything I ever knew before. My faith in God has grown even more than I can say. He has always been with me, I know that, but I have felt His presence so strongly this past month. He has literally held me up.
This illness has brought together family members and others and promoted healing of past rifts. When it comes right down to it, nothing matters beyond the people in your life. All of these ‘things’ I’m surrounded by and the quest for new and better ‘things’ have become meaningless.

I’m sure many of you have heard that song by Tim McGraw, Live Like You Were Dying?  Why wait.  Live that way now.

God Bless,
Queenie

Here’s the song Queenie referred to in case you haven’t heard it.



If you can’t get the video to play, here is the YouTube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9TShlMkQnc


Please continue to keep Queenie in your prayers as she goes through her procedures.

61 comments:

  1. Thank the good Lord!! :). WONDERFUL news for both of you!!! Sending you both BIG hugs and warm thoughts.

    Queenie- I like that you are keeping that name. I am keeping you in my prayers. :). I LOVE that Tim McGraw song. Best way to live for sure. Hugs and love sent to both you and Cat,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie :) I really did hate to give up my name and, what would have been the point anyway. I've always loved that song too. Ironically, it was on the radio right after I heard my news. Seemed like a good message for everyone.
      Hugs,
      Queenie

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Katie!

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. Cat,
    Great news ............. doing a happy dance on the west coast!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mere! Love happy dances! :D

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. Praise the Lord! That is really great news! Queenie, I will continue my prayers for you also.

    Hugs to you both,
    George

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi George :) Praise the Lord indeed! Thank you for those prayers!
      Hugs,
      Queenie

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much George!

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. Congratulations Cat, this is great news. I am so very happy for you Queenie and will continue to pray for your recovery. Thank you for letting us know, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisa, thank you so much :) Yes, please keep those prayers coming. They work!
      Hugs,
      Queenie

      Delete
    2. Thank you Lisa...I do believe those prayers worked!

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. Yay!!!! Yay!!!! YAY!!! I am so happy for all the wonderful news. Cat and Queenie!
    I do believe in miracles!!
    We all deserve to have wonderful things happen!
    BTW I am glad you are sticking with Queenie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Minelle. Thank you!!! I'm pretty happy about it myself :) and I just couldn't let Queenie go!
      Hugs,
      Queenie

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Minelle! I definitely believe in the power of prayer and in miracles! :D

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  6. Good news Cat! From both you and Queen! Happy dance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I love to do the happy dance. Glad you joined us :)
      Hugs,
      Queenie

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Rose...would love to see everyone's happy dance. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  7. Smiling a huge grin here....great news all around!!!!So happy...continued prayers and good thoughts....you can do this Queenie...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abby! Yes, I can/will do this!!! Please do keep those prayers coming....
      Hugs,
      Queenie

      Delete
    2. Thank you Abby...I do love making people happy! :D

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  8. I am so happy for both of you. Cat, I had a really deep feeling things were going to turnout well. Thank you Lord.

    As for you Queenie. I am very happy for your good news. Sometimes in addition to prayers and positivity from other it takes you forgiving yourself. It sounds as if you've done that and it will help with the healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny :) Forgiveness is huge. Sometimes I think I forget that forgiving myself is just as important as forgiving others. I no longer bear any grudges against anyone, including myself!
      Thanks! Hugs,
      Queenie

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Sunny! I do believe the prayers and healing energy had something to do with my good news! :D

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  9. I'm so thrilled to see you both doing a happy dance! I know the fear of the doctor wanting more tests run. Ugh.

    Queenie, I didn't know a mass could move, girl! Praise God! Wishing you all the best as you move forward. You've got this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rogue :) Yeah, who would ever think that a mass could move like that?! God is good! Oh, yes, I DO have this! Thanks!
      Hugs,
      Queenie

      Delete
    2. Hey Rogue...thank you so much. I hope you are doing well...sending lots of prayers and positive energy your way.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  10. Cat and Queenie, this made me cry. I am so thankful and happy for both of you. I've been very out of pocket for over a week, but both of you have been in my thoughts and prayers.

    Hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs! I am grinning through the tears. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Irishey :) I know you have plenty going on!! Thanks for stopping by to comment. Not to mention hugging the stuffing out of us!!! Love you back :)
      Hugs, and more hugs....
      Queenie

      Delete
    2. Hey Irishey...didn't mean to make you cry...thank you so much for all the prayers...I am sure they had something to do with my good news! Hope everything is going well with your crew. :D

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  11. Good new coming from every front! I'm happy for both of you and I agree the power of prayer and well wishes it very strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you PK :) Prayer can move mountains, and masses!
      Hugs,
      Queenie

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much PK...I agree with Queenie...prayers can move mountains and heal people!

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  12. Oh Cat, I am so very happy for you and joining you in the happy dance! I actually have a routine mammogram scheduled this coming week.

    Queenie, I'm so very happy and relieved to hear the good news and thrilled for you! Continuing to send positive thoughts and prayers your way.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz :) Thanks! I'm happy to be on the receiving end of those continuing prayers too!
      Hugs,
      Queenie

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Roz...would love to see your happy dance also! :D Praying that everything turns out well with your mammogram!

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  13. Wonderful news Cat, you must be really relieved! Nice to see what the happy dance looks like :-)

    Warmly,
    Han

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Han...I am definitely relieved! LOL...my happy dance is not really that coordinated but I did think the one above was cute. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  14. Such wonderful news! Cat I am beyond delighted! :-) Big hugs
    And Queenie I send healing energy and positive thoughts for your upcoming surgery.
    Best wishes, Terps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terps :) Those are always appreciated!
      Hugs,
      Queenie

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Terps! I know that your healing energy and positive thoughts contributed to my good news!

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  15. I am thrilled for both of you! I've had my own summer of medical stuff that is small in comparison but I know how much worry it has and still is causing. The angst can be overwhelming. Cat--I now make my appts for boob squishing on the days ONLY when there is a radiologist there. They always see things and schedule me for ultrasounds and that way I can stubbornly say, "thanks, I'll wait". It's so unnerving to wait for the new appt. Queenie--God is good and I love the way you are thinking. That blasted mass might go away completely. I don't know enough about how all this works but if they can get it out with surgery alone that is amazing. We will continue to pray for you here. Thank you for coming and letting us know how you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie...I know your prayers also contributed to my good news! I am so sorry to hear that you are having health issues...sending lots of prayers, healing energy and positive thoughts your way! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
    2. Hi Susie :) Actually, it was my pleasure to come back and share my good news. If the thing can move, I see no reason why it can't disappear as well! Wouldn't that be an awe inspiring event! Thank you so very much for those continuing prayers. They definitely work.

      I'm so sorry to hear that you are having health issues of your own. I sincerely hope that you are completely healthy by now and can put the summer of medical stuff behind you! I'll include you in my prayers.

      Hugs,
      Queenie

      Delete
  16. Great news for you and Queenie - praying the brightness remains for you both.
    hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much DF...will definitely accept those continuing prayers.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
    2. Hi DelFonte, thank you so much! I appreciate those prayers :)
      Hugs,
      Queenie

      Delete
  17. Congrats, I am very happy for both of you.

    Hugs,
    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ML...the prayers made a difference!

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
    2. Hello Mona Lisa :) I appreciate you saying so!
      Hugs,
      Queenie

      Delete
  18. Oh Cat I am so happy for you, that is such great news, what a relief. I am happy too for Queenie, I understand what a long road she has ahead of her but the prognosis is so much better, a lovely post all round
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jan...yes, it is a huge relief and I know all the prayers I received helped tremendously.

      Queenie does have a long road ahead of her...but I really believe with all the prayers, healing energy and positive thoughts she is receiving...along with a positive attitude, she will make it through in good shape.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
    2. Hi Jan :) Thank you so much! Yes, the prognosis has changed in such a positive way. This is now not anything that I can't handle! I will join you in the 'survivor club' and with much pleasure!
      Hugs,
      Queenie

      Delete
  19. I'm late to the party, sorry. But I can still dance happy on my own even though the rest of you have gone to bed.
    So pleased for both you and Queenie.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Janey :) Oh, it's never too late to offer kind words of support, or join in the happy dance!! Thank you so much for both!
      Hugs,
      Queenie

      Delete
    2. Hey Janey...never too late to parties around this joint! :D Wish we could all get together and teach each other our happy dances. Thank you so much!

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  20. Thank God for good news for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed River! He heard all those prayers loud and clear. Reminds of that song that proclaims, "our God is an awesome God".........Thanks for commenting :)
      Hugs,
      Queenie

      Delete
    2. I agree River...I am definitely thanking Him and will continue to do so. Still sending prayers for Queenie...our prayers are gonna get her through this!

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  21. Cat, Queenie.

    Wonderful news. Doing the happy dance for both of you.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronnie. Yes it is wonderful :) Glad you've joined us for the happy dance! It's fun and good exercise too, lol! Thanks!
      Hugs,
      Queenie

      Delete
    2. Thank you Ronnie! One of these days, we're gonna have to figure out a way to get all of us doing our happy dances together! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.