Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Monday, September 22, 2014

I Have a Friend

I received the following in one of those ‘pass this on’ chain emails which I don’t choose to pass on.  However, I do think the poem is lovely and very true, so I decided to share it!

Around the corner I have a friend,
In this great city that has no end,
Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,
And before I know it, a year is gone.

And I never see my old friends face,
For life is a swift and terrible race,
He knows I like him just as well,
As in the days when I rang his bell.

And he rang mine but we were younger then,
And now we are busy, tired men.
Tired of playing a foolish game,
Tired of trying to make a name.

'Tomorrow' I say! 'I will call on Jim
Just to show that I'm thinking of him.'
But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes,
And distance between us grows and grows.

Around the corner, yet miles away,
'Here's a telegram sir,' ' Jim died today.'
And that's what we get and deserve in the end.

Around the corner, a vanished friend.
Remember to always say what you mean.

If you love someone, tell them.
Because when you decide that it is the right time it might be too late...
Seize the day. 
Never have regrets. 


And most importantly, stay close to your friends and family, for they have helped make you the person that you are today.

14 comments:

  1. A great reminder, if a little sad. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome River...it is a great reminder.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. It's important to remember those we love isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it sure is Minelle!

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. Always, always good advice....
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's lovely, but oh so sad and oh so true. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Sunny...I agree it is lovely, sad and true all rolled into one.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. This is lovely and sad at the same time. A wonderful reminder to make time for those we love. Thanks for sharing Cat.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Roz...I agree, it is a lovely and sad reminder.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  6. Oh Cat, this is so sad, unfortunately it is also so true, makes you think
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jan...it really does make you think doesn't it.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  7. The post reminds me of the funeral of my uncle. At the service my niece spoke beautiful words about her father. It moved me to tears. After that with coffee and cake I talked to my niece and gave her a compliment about her speech. I asked her if she ever said those words to her dad when he was alive, and she said she didn't.


    From that moment on, I promised myself that if I had something nice to say to someone, I would. So I try to do that, and not just think or say it. Because it is better to walk with a friend in the darkness than to be alone in the light.


    Thank you for sharing, Cat

    Han

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a lovely promise and a beautiful saying Han. Thank you so much for sharing it.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.