Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Pumpkin Pie Pudding

If you haven't had enough pumpkin, here's one more pumpkin recipe…received this recipe from another mother (we were room mothers together) when my oldest was in grade school.  
  
Ingredients
  • 1 (15 ounces) canned or or pureed pumpkin
  • 2 Teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • ⅛ Teaspoons salt
  • 1½ cups milk
  • 1 small (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
Instructions
  1. Mix pumpkin, pumpkin spice and salt together in a large bowl.
  2. Slowly stir in milk and mix well.
  3. Add instant pudding mix.
  4. Stir for approximately two minutes until thickened.
  5. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Notes
  • I use my electric hand mixer to mix all the ingredients but you could use a food processor or mix by hand if you prefer.
  • I have substituted almond milk in this recipe with no problem.
  • For those who don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can make 8 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice of your own by mixing together the following:
    • 4 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
    • 4 Teaspoons ground nutmeg
    • 4 Teaspoons ground ginger
    • 3 Teaspoons ground allspice
  • Store any unused spice in an air tight container


For those of you who have leftovers, here is the link to a recipe I shared last year that you might enjoy: http://gigglesgrinsandreflections.blogspot.com/2013/11/day-after-turkey-soup.html
 

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and if you try the recipe, as always, I would love any feedback you would care to give. 

 Hope you enjoy!
 


20 comments:

  1. Damn Cat I am stuffed but this pudding looks so very good I just might have to make some over the weekend. I wasn't around last year so thank you for sharing the soup, that looks great also. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisa...the one good thing about the pudding is that it's lighter and less filling than pie. ;) I love the soup and I have made it with chicken as well as turkey. If you try it, please let me know if you have any questions.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh I agree with Lisa.... So full can't imagine pumpkin pie.... However tomorrow is another day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Minelle...it's also easy to make and lighter than pie. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. Thanks Cat, not so familiar with pumpkin pie here and wondered if it was a desert. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving day :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Roz...pumpkin pie is a desert pie but you can also use pumpkin for savory dishes also...look for the recipe shared for pumpkin soup and see what you think. Had a quiet Thanksgiving.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. Nope, it doesn't matter how many times or ways I see a pumpkin recipe I am not going to eat it!! Sorry, hope you have all had a nice time
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Jan...you are so funny. You might try this recipe with cooked apples or pears. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. Still another pumpkin recipe. Cat, you are the BEST!! Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.

    Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clara...hope you enjoy it. If you try any of the pumpkin recipes, please let me know what you think.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  6. Hi Cat, thank you for this recipe. We have not had enough pumpkin yet, so I am going to try this. And special thanks for the pumpkin spice recipe, that's a great alternative (pumpkin spice is not as easy to get here as across the pond).

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nina...please let me know what you think of the recipe. So happy to be able to help out with the pumpkin spice recipe. Hope you enjoy...please let me know how you like the recipe. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  7. This looks great, Cuz! :) I love pumpkin everything. I actually made a crust from scratch yesterday. and then used it for pumpkin pie and it all turned out! Was fun!

    Another thing that I enjoy around this time of year is taking some pumpkin (just from a can but you can use pureed that you make (I'm lazy here!) and mixing it with a bit of Greek plain yogurt. It is a really tasty way to enjoy some yogurt during the holiday season. You can doctor it up with granola or whatever...

    Thanks for sharing! Many hugs,

    <3 Cuz KTfT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations cuz! So proud of you for making your scratch crust successfully! Ooh...mixing pumpkin with Greek yogurt...plain or vanilla sounds yummy! I do enjoy granola in my yogurt. ;) If you try the pudding, please let me know how it turns out.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. You're welcome Sunny...please note that the pudding is 5 and 5! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  9. Pumpkin and Pie Pudding. That is a combination I have never tasted. but if you all think it's nice, let me give it a try. It sure does sound exotic with all those P's. I have put all the ingredients on my shopping list for next week.

    Thanks for the reciepe Cat,
    han

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like pumpkin Han then I think you will like this pudding. It is also light so should not be many WW points. If you make this, please let me know what you think.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  10. I do love your recipes, Cat. I am going to try this one this weekend. Yum!

    Hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy you enjoy my recipes CB...I do enjoy sharing them. Please let me know if you like this one.

    Had a lovely and quiet Thanksgiving thank you.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.