Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Monday, November 24, 2014

Are You Smarter Than…

This may be harder than you may think.
 
The answers will be on the tip of your tongue, but you just can't quite remember the correct answer.
 
The answers are after the questions...please don't look at them until you have tried to figure out the questions.
 
Have some fun my sharp-witted friends…this is a test for us 'older kids'!
 

 
*****************
 
01. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably, someone would answer, I don't know, but he left this behind. What did he leave behind?________________.
 
02. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. In early 1964, we all watched them on The ____ ___________ Show.
 
03. 'Get your kicks, __ _________ _______.'
 
04. 'The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed to _____ _ _____.'
 
05. 'In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ____ ____ ____ ____.'
 
06. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we 'danced' under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the '_____.'
 
07. Nestle's makes the very best.... _________.'
 
08. Satchmo was America 's 'Ambassador of Goodwill.' Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was
______ ___________.
 
09. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______.
 
10. Red Skeleton's hobo character was named ______ ___ ________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, 'Good Night, and '________ ________ '
 
11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their ______ _______.
 
12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? ___ & _______.
 
13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, 'the day the music died.' This was a tribute to _______ ____________.
 
14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called __________.
 
15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the ______ _____ .
 
16. Remember LS/MFT _____ _____/_____ _____ _____?
 
17. Hey Kids! What time is it? It's _____ ______ _____!
 
18. Who knows what secrets lie in the hearts of men? Only The _____ Knows!
 
19. There was a song that came out in the 60's that was "a grave yard smash". It's name was the ______ ______!
 
20. Alka Seltzer used a "boy with a tablet on his head" as it's Logo/Representative. What was the boy's name? ________
 
 
 
ANSWERS:
01.The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.
02. The Ed Sullivan Show
03. On Route 66
04.To protect the innocent.
05.The Lion Sleeps Tonight
06. The limbo
07. Chocolate
08. Louis Armstrong
09. The Timex watch
10. Freddy, The Freeloader and 'Good Night and God Bless.'
11. Draft cards (Bras were also burned. Not flags, as some have guessed)
12. Beetle or Bug
13. Buddy Holly
14. Sputnik
15. Hoola-hoop
16. Lucky Strike/Means Fine Tobacco
17. Howdy Doody Time
18. Shadow
19.Monster Mash
20. Speedy

How did you do?

32 comments:

  1. I got 9 right. But most of the ones I missed, I didn't know the answer after I looked, so I don't consider that a miss, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Sarah...looks like you did good. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. I forgot about Red Skeleton but got the rest right. It's my age and my mind still works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Sunny! Red Skelton was one of my favorite comedians. Sheesh woman...all we have to do is read your stories and books to know how well your mind works. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. Started and got most correct! I'll go back and check the rest tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Minelle...you'll have to let us know how you finish up. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. Sorry Cat, couldn't make choclate out of this one.

    Han

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Han...most of these are references to old US TV shows, entertainers, product advertisements and pop culture. So I would be very surprised and impressed if you knew them. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. I did not do well at all. When I read the answers, I felt like an idiot because I recognized the answers! You got me good Cat. Thanks, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Lisa...wasn't trying to 'get' anyone...just sharing a little trip down memory lane for some and learning a bit for others. Hope you enjoyed. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  6. This was fun Cat, thank you. I managed 11.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Roz! For someone outside the US, that is awesome. :)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  7. I managed 17...and the others i should have known...not sure what that says about me...but at least the memory can still get poked into working..
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Abby...that says you watch a lot of late night TV and you have a great memory. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  8. Oh GREAT! I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday, but I got all of these right. LOL ~Jake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Jake! LOL...guess breakfast wasn't that memorable. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  9. I knew all but #16, are you sure # 9 isn't a spanko?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations PK! Oh yes, I would definitely score #9 as correct for anyone that answered 'spanko'. :D

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  10. Ooops, I only got seven and felt as if I had failed in a class test. :) But it was fun to do and I learned something. Still have no clue who Red Skeleton is, though, maybe he is the symbol of the anti-smoking league? Thank you for sharing.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Nina...please don't feel as if you failed! This is supposed to be fun! Red Skelton was an American entertainer who best known for television acts as the host of his own TV show "The Red Skelton Show." Here is a fun skit with John Wayne from his TV show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQcdI_ZRYjM.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
    2. ... oh, I misread Red Skelton's name and turned the poor man into a skeleton. But really didn't know him. Funny video :)

      Delete
    3. LOL Nina...when I was very young, I used to call him Red Skeleton. Happy you enjoyed the video. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  11. Umm, I'm embarrassed to say how poorly I did :( so I'm just going to say it was fun and move on, lol. I say let's try a quiz on Christmas songs, I pretty good at those. Thanks Cat always something fun at your place, Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be embarrassed Clara...this was all in fun so if you had fun, you are a winner! Will have to look around and see if I can find any kind of music quiz. Thanks for the suggestion. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  12. Cat,

    Only got 11 right and should have know the others I should have know except for the last one. New to me. Thanks Cat.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Ronnie...that was really very good. Speedy the Alka-Seltzer boy was a commercial that appeared sometime in the 60's...I think. LOL

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  13. Well, we got some but we are English!!! That was definitely not a help here
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Jan...you got some right! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  14. I only got 13. Some of the ones I missed I had no idea but others were on the tip of my tongue. I never watched the Lone Ranger or the Lucky Strike, Red Skelton. I kind of remember my dad talking about the Shadow but couldn't remember it at all till I saw the answer. I also don't remember the alka selzer commercial. I tried though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Blondie...you did good! The primary intent was to have fun...which you obviously did. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  15. Fun, Cousin Cat T! ;) Though I didn't do very well with these at all... I lurked and did this the other day and got about 10 right. I did enjoy it! thanks for sharing. You all above did well! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed it Katie T...and as long as you did, then you are a winner! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.