Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

3 Holy Men and 3 Bears

It has been a crazy week between my SIL's hospitalization and some freakin' crazy hours at work.  I know I am way behind and owe replies to more than a few of you... please be patient...I hope to get replies to everyone by the end of the weekend.   Thank you for your patience.

Meanwhile...here's another joke from our darlin’ Ami over at Ami's Starsong. 

A Catholic Priest, a Baptist Preacher and a Rabbi all served as Chaplains to the students of Northern Michigan University at Marquette in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

They would get together two or three times a week for coffee and to talk shop.
 

One day, someone made the comment that preaching to people isn't really all that hard, a real challenge would be to preach to a bear.

One thing led to another, and they decided to do an experiment. They would all go out into the woods, find a bear, preach to it, and attempt to convert it to their religion.
 

Seven days later, they all came together to discuss their experiences.
 
Father Flannery, who had his arm in a sling, was on crutches, and had various bandages on his body and limbs, went first.

'Well,' he said, 'I went into the woods to find me a bear. And when I found him, I began to read to him from the Catechism.

Well, that bear wanted nothing to do with me and began to slap me around. So I quickly grabbed my holy water, sprinkled him and, Holy Mary Mother of God, he became as gentle as a lamb. The Bishop is coming out next week to give him first communion and confirmation.'


 
Reverend Billy Bob the Baptist, spoke next. He was in a wheelchair, had one arm and both legs in casts, and had an IV drip.

In his best fire-and-brimstone oratory, he exclaimed, 'WELL, brothers, you KNOW that we Baptists don't sprinkle! I went out and I FOUND me a bear. And then I began to read to my bear from God's HOLY WORD! But that bear wanted nothing to do with me.

So I took HOLD of him and we began to wrestle. We wrestled down one hill, UP another and DOWN another until we came to a creek. So I quickly DUNKED him and BAPTIZED his hairy soul. And just like you said, he became as gentle as a lamb. We spent the rest of the day praising Jesus. Hallelujah!


 
The Priest and the Reverend both looked down at the Rabbi, who was lying in a hospital bed. He was in a body cast and traction with IVs and monitors running in and out of him. He was in really bad shape.

The Rabbi looked up and said: "Looking back on it, Circumcision may not have been the best way to start."

ROFLMBO…he just might have a good point there. Winking smile


20 comments:

  1. I so wondered where this was going.....it was the perfect surprise ending....LOL...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed it Abby...gotcha! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. Never expected that! I expected it to be funny though! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo gotcha Minelle! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed it Bea. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. LoL, I wondered :) Thanks for the giggle Ami and Cat.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Roz...happy you enjoyed it. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. Hi Cat, thanks for the laugh!
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Jan...happy you enjoyed it. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. You're welcome Sunny...happy you enjoyed it. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  7. LOL, Thanks Cat you certainly started my day with a laugh! Thanks Ami for sharing, but I am curious...who have you been hanging out with lately!

    Hugs,
    George

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome George...so happy you enjoyed it. Would be interested in knowing who our Ami is hanging out with also. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  8. Funny one Cat-I am back from a self imposed hiadus & catching up on what happened while I was gone-hope all is well with you!
    Love,
    Scarlet ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back Scarlet...it's been crazy around here but it's going okay. Hope everything's okay with you and your crew.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  9. LOL Cat, funny. Didn't expect that. Thanks and thanks to Ami.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Ronnie...gotcha!!! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  10. Must be in the time of year Cat. So busy I'm running behind on your comments. I NEVER run behind on you comments. Grin. It is my fun part of the day Cat. Like the cartoons in the newspaper.

    I love the joke. Will tell it tomorrow at work. :-)

    Han

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed it Han...even if you were late (only according to you LOL). You'll have to let me know how the joke went over at work. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.