Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Said What...



Thought I'd start the week out with a giggle.



They are things people actually said in court, word for word, taken down and now published by court reporters, who had the torment of staying calm while these exchanges were actually taking place.



ATTORNEY: Are you sexually active?

WITNESS: No, I just lie there.





ATTORNEY: What gear were you in at the moment of the impact?

WITNESS: Gucci sweats and Reeboks.





ATTORNEY: This myasthenia gravis, does it affect your memory at all?

WITNESS: Yes.

ATTORNEY: And in what ways does it affect your memory?

WITNESS: I forget.

ATTORNEY: You forget? Can you give us an example of something you forgot?





ATTORNEY: What was the first thing your husband said to you that morning?

WITNESS: He said, 'Where am I, Cathy?'

ATTORNEY: And why did that upset you?

WITNESS: My name is Susan!



ATTORNEY: Do you know if your daughter has ever been involved in voodoo?

WITNESS: We both do.

ATTORNEY: Voodoo?

WITNESS: We do.

ATTORNEY: You do?

WITNESS: Yes, voodoo.



ATTORNEY: Now doctor, isn’t it true that when a person dies in his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

WITNESS: Did you actually pass the bar exam?



ATTORNEY: The youngest son, the twenty-one-year-old, how old is he?

WITNESS: Uh, he’s twenty-one.



ATTORNEY: Were you present when your picture was taken?

WITNESS: Are you shitt’in me?



ATTORNEY: So the date of conception (of the baby) was August 8th?

WITNESS: Yes.

ATTORNEY: And what were you doing at that time?

WITNESS: Uh.... I was gett’in laid!



ATTORNEY: She had three children, right?

WITNESS: Yes.

ATTORNEY: How many were boys?

WITNESS: None.

ATTORNEY: Were there any girls?

WITNESS: Are you kidding? Your Honor, I think I need a different attorney. Can I get a new attorney?



ATTORNEY: How was your first marriage terminated?

WITNESS: By death.

ATTORNEY: And by whose death was it terminated?

WITNESS: Now whose death do you suppose terminated it?



ATTORNEY: Can you describe the individual?

WITNESS: He was about medium height and had a beard.

ATTORNEY: Was this a male or a female?

WITNESS: Guess.



ATTORNEY: Is your appearance here this morning pursuant to a deposition notice which I sent to your attorney?

WITNESS: No, this is how I dress when I go to work.



ATTORNEY: Doctor, how many of your autopsies have you performed on dead people?

WITNESS: All my autopsies are performed on dead people. Would you like to rephrase that?



ATTORNEY: ALL your responses MUST be oral, OK? What school did you go to?

WITNESS: Oral.



ATTORNEY: Do you recall the time that you examined the body?

WITNESS: The autopsy started around 8:30 p.m.

ATTORNEY: And Mr. Denton was dead at the time?

WITNESS: No, he was sitting on the table wondering why I was doing an autopsy on him!



ATTORNEY: Are you qualified to give a urine sample?

WITNESS: Huh....are you qualified to ask that question?



--- And the best for last: ---
ATTORNEY: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse

WITNESS: No.

ATTORNEY: Did you check for blood pressure?

WITNESS: No.

ATTORNEY: Did you check for breathing?

WITNESS: No.

ATTORNEY: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?

WITNESS: No.

ATTORNEY: How can you be so sure, Doctor?

WITNESS: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.

ATTORNEY: I see, but could the patient have still been alive, nevertheless?

WITNESS: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law.





These are from a book called Disorder in the American Courts.



Enjoy!

22 comments:

  1. Hi Cat, New to your blog, LOVE it! And these were wonderful.

    Love, Isabella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Isabella. I'm happy you enjoyed the post.

      Thanks for stopping by and feel free to come back anytime.
      Cat

      Delete
  2. Okay funny as all get out! I was reading when you commented to me. I have a couple of lawyers in the family and I want to get that book. One of them is ultra liberal, the other in ultra conservative. I bet they would both enjoy the humor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it. Since my minor is in criminal justice, people are always sending me stuff like this. Hope your lawyers enjoy it. :)

      Have a great week!
      Cat

      Delete
  3. Attorney: So, detective -- I will represent to you that this dollar bill is six inches in length. Was this comparable to the vibrator you saw in the drawer?

    (Alarm sounds in hallway.)

    Attorney: Judge, would you like for me to continue over the vibrating alarm or should we wait?

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved it Cat :)
    Very very cute.
    My daughter's best friend just received her juris doctor and I am going to send these on to her. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it Lillie - hope your daughter's friend does also.

      Delete
  5. LOL! I have heard the last one (except the part about practicing law), but the others all crack me up!!! Very funny. :)

    (Btw, Minelle sent me here)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Ana, stop by anytime. Glad you enjoyed the post. Isn't Minelle's blog great?

      Delete
  6. OMG Cat. They were sooooo funny. My husband and I were laughing so hard it hurt. Thanks for a great start to my Monday morning.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sunnygirl - happy I could help give you a great start to your Monday. :)

      Delete
  7. Cat,
    Funny, funny funny.

    Aren't you afraid one of these lawyers is going to sue you for citing him without permission?

    Great way to start the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These statements were all part of court proceedings Bas which means they are public records so they can't sue me! Think that is one of the funniest parts to me - they actually said these things in a courtroom when they knew every word was being recorded. :)

      Happy I could help start your week off well.

      Delete
  8. Well, you're really living up to your blog name with this one! I started out grinning, then the giggles came soon after. Thanks for sharing these, Cat. I had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Cat,
    I also have a lawyer in the family. Great gift idea for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey BB - always happy to provide gift ideas. ;-)

      Delete
  10. Lol! I love when these things make the rounds. Just shaking my head, and chuckling!

    Minor in criminal justice, huh? NOW I know why I like you so much. Peas in a pod. ;-)

    Irishey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy I could make you chuckle Irishey. One of these days, I might post the songs I wrote ads part of my CJ tests - my instructor could only shake her head. ;-)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.