Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Monday, May 18, 2015

Should I Really Join Face book?


Read it all the way through!  It's a good laugh! AND really quite true!

A good laugh for people in the over 60 group!

When I bought my Blackberry, I thought about the 30-year business I ran with 1800 employees, all without a cell phone that plays music, takes videos, pictures and communicates with Face book and Twitter.

I signed up under duress for Twitter and Face book, so my seven kids, their spouses, my 13 grand kids and 2 great grand kids could communicate with me in the modern way.  I figured I could handle something as simple as Twitter with only 140 characters of space.

My phone was beeping every three minutes with the details of everything except the bowel movements of the entire next generation.  I am not ready to live like this. I keep my cell phone in the garage in my golf bag.

The kids bought me a GPS for my last birthday because they say I get lost every now and then going over to the grocery store or library.  I keep that in a box under my tool bench with the Blue tooth [it's red] phone I am supposed to use when I drive.  I wore it once and was standing in line at Barnes and Noble, talking to my wife and everyone in the nearest 50 yards was glaring at me.  I had to take my hearing aid out to use it, and I got a little loud.

I mean the GPS looked pretty smart on my dash board, but the lady inside that gadget was the most annoying, rudest person I had run into in a long time. Every 10 minutes, she would sarcastically say, "Re-calc-u-lating."  You would think that she could be nicer. It was like she could barely tolerate me.  She would let go with a deep sigh and then tell me to make a U-turn at the next light. Then, if I made a right turn instead.  Well, it was not a good relationship...

When I get really lost now, I call my wife and tell her the name of the cross streets and while she is starting to develop the same tone as Gypsy, the GPS lady, at least she loves me.

To be perfectly frank, I am still trying to learn how to use the cordless phones in our house.  We have had them for 4 years, but I still haven't figured out how I lose three phones all at once and have to run around digging under chair cushions, checking bathrooms, and the dirty laundry baskets when the phone rings.

The world is just getting too complex for me.  They even mess me up every time I go to the grocery store.  You would think they could settle on something themselves but this sudden "Paper or Plastic?" every time I check out just knocks me for a loop.  I bought some of those cloth reusable bags to avoid looking confused, but I never remember to take them with me..

Now I toss it back to them. When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?"  I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual."
   
Then it's their turn to stare at me with a blank look.

I was recently asked if I tweet.  I answered, "No, but I do fart a lot."

P.S. I know most of you are not over 60. I sent it to you to allow you to forward  it to those who are. I figured your sense of humour could handle it.

We senior citizens don't need any more gadgets. The TV remote and the garage door remote are about all we can handle.

28 comments:

  1. I have to agree with the guy.....
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He makes some great points doesn't he Abby. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  2. I'm not 60 and I find all these things overwhelming. Heck, I often ignore my cell phone and leave people waiting. (not on purpose though, I'm just not tied to it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ZBG...I have quite a few friends that do the same thing. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  3. Cat,
    You make me laugh every single time.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to be able to entertain you Mere. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  4. Sheesh.... I have enough to do without Twitter too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Minelle...I am not on Twitter either. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  5. LoL Cat, all this technology is beyond me, and I'm not over 60 either lol

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Roz...I seriously doubt if it's beyond you..if you were really interested in it. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  6. Got a 60 plus male at home it fits him to a tee. He got a dumb phone it's never with him, Sat nav drives him mad and the language when he can't find one of the home phones has to be heard to be believed. Mine you it's dangerous to laugh or to say it's about time you learn how to do these things when he asks for help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL Anna...that's when you learn to head for another room so you can giggle isn't it. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  7. Bi-sacksual.....lololol!!! Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That word is great isn't it Maggie. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  8. I'm in that age category and I can handle some of it but the TV remote escapes me. Of course, I never really get to touch it so its probably just as well. If Ray's not around, the tv doesn't go on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to learn how to work something when you're not allowed to touch it isn't it Sunny. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  9. A few months ago I had to replace my simple cell phone. My Wife wanted me to buy a smartphone in stead of the senior phone I wanted. It costs me a lot of attention when it gives a sound, then I have to sort out what it means. Most of the times I find out what caused the sound, often some message of the provider.
    It all is too small and to complicated for an 80 year old.

    I love your post, Cat.

    appy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed it Appy...I agree...some of the new "smart" phones just make me feel downright dumb. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  10. Don't laugh but I said to my son do you think I should get a smartphone and he said "mum you already have one!!!" Life seems a step too far some days
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Jan but ROFLMBO! ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  11. LoL, Cat, I wouldn't survive long without my phone. The satnav is pretty important for me too, as I am so extremely bad at finding my way. I have been lost in my hometown more than once. Loved the Bi-sacksual and don't understand Twitter. Funny post, thank you for sharing. I hope things are getting better again for you.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy some of the features on my phone also Nina and since I can get lost going around the block, my GPS is my friend but she does do a lot of "route recalculation." Bi-sacksual is too funny isn't it. ;)

      All the prayers and good wishes are helping and hopefully everything will be straightened out soon.

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  12. Cat, that guy is so me. Its not that I can't work the darn things (I can, I was an IT professional) but since I have retired I just can't be bothered. What bothers me is that some people seem to live their whole lives on the phones; me, I live mine in reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree with you Don...love that my phone keeps me in contact with my kids but do not understand those who sit at a table staring at their phone rather than interacting with friends and family that are right there.

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  13. I am happy with my little flip phone that doesn't do anything but calling and texting. I have managed to mess up the TV with the remote so bad that it took my husband about 30 minutes to straighten it out so I am not allowed to watch his BIG TV unless he is home. I do have the smaller one in the kitchen I can watch. LOL Thanks, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Lisa...that is just too funny...my mom actually had to phone her television service provider when she pushed the wrong buttons. At least you have the smaller, non-complicated one you can watch. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  14. Cat, You do make us smile. Thank you.. So far (touch wood) I pretty good with our gadgets but I don't do Twitter or Facebook.

    Love and hugs,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to make you smile Ronnie. I don't do Twitter or Instagram and the only reason I'm on Facebook is to keep track of my kids. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.