Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

God’s First Name

The day finally arrived…Forrest Gump dies and goes to Heaven.
He is at the Pearly Gates, met by St. Peter himself. St. Peter says, “Well, Forrest, it’s certainly good to see you.  We have heard a lot about you.  I must inform you that the place is filling up fast, and we’ve been administering an entrance examination for everyone.  The test is short and you have to pass before you can get into heaven.
  1. What days of the week begin with the letter T?
  2. How many seconds are there in a year? 
  3. What is God’s first name?”
 
Forrest says, “Well, the first one – how many days in the week begin with the letter “T”?  That one’s easy.  That’d be Today and Tomorrow.”
 
The Saint’s eyes open wide and he exclaims “Forrest, that’s not what I was thinking, but…I’ll give you credit for that answer.
 
 
“How about the second one?” asks St. Peter. “How many seconds in a year?”
“Now that one’s harder,” says Forrest, “but I thunk and thunk and guess the only answer can be twelve.”
 
Astounded, St. Peter says, “Twelve? Twelve? Forrest, how in Heaven’s name could you come up with twelve seconds in a year?”
“Shucks, there’s gotta be twelve: January 2nd, February 2nd, March 2nd.”
 
“Hold it,” interrupts St. Peter. “I see where you’re going with this, and I’ll have to give you credit for that one, too. Let’s go on with the next and final question.”
 
“Can you tell me God’s first name?”
“Sure” Forrest replied, “IT”S ANDY.”
 
“Andy?!” exclaimed an exasperated and frustrated St. Peter. “Okay, I can understand how you came up with your answers to my first two questions, but just how in the world did you come up with the name of Andy as the first name of God?”

“That was the easiest one of all,” Forrest replied. “I learnt it from the song…
ANDY WALKS WITH ME,
ANDY TALKS WITH ME,
ANDY TELLS ME I AM HIS OWN.”
 
St. Peter opens the Pearly Gates and said: “Run, Forrest, run.”

Courtesy of Sun Gazing

14 comments:

  1. Good answers! Thanks, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Lisa. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  2. Hi Cat, good answers!!Let him in!
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL Cat, much better than the expected answers. I'd let him in too. Thanks for the giggle :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Roz...like his answers much better. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  4. Hahaha love it. How could you not let him in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Maggie...you'd have to let him in. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  5. I love this....there is more than oncorrect answer sometimes...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Abby...might not be the expected answers but they are still correct. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  6. I love this one, kind of twee. Thank you for sharing, and I hope things are getting better really quick, Cat. Thinking of you.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed it Nina.

      Hopefully everything will be better soon...the prayers and good wishes are helping.

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  7. Cat,
    I love it! One of my favorite hymns!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed it Mere. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.