Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Friday, September 2, 2016

Quickie Pad Thai

Hey y’all…I was speaking with Minelle the other day and telling her about this recipe…I thought I had shared it but guess I hadn’t.  Then it struck me…it’s been a while since I shared any recipes.  So here’s a very quick, easy and forgiving recipe.

Ingredients

  • 1 packet Ramen noodles
  • 1 egg
  • ½ cup cooked peas
  • ¼ cup chopped green onions
  • 1 teaspoon chopped peanuts
  • 1 lime wedge
  • 1 clove minced garlic
  • ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • ¼ cup chicken stock
  • ½ cup pre-shredded coleslaw mix (green cabbage, purple cabbage, carrots)
           OR
    • ¼ cup sliced carrots
    • ¼ cup shredded cabbage
  • ¼ cup chopped cilantro

Sauce

  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter
  • ⅛ cup soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Go Chu Jang sauce
  • 1 teaspoon lime juice

Instructions

  1. Fill a pot with water and cook the Ramen noodles according to package directions…toss the seasoning packet.
  2. Add all of the sauce ingredients to a bowl and whisk together until smooth
  3. Strain the noodles, put them back in the pot
  4. Add the sauce and toss noodles until they are well coated
  5. Heat a frying pan and scramble the egg
  6. Add egg to the noodles
  7. Add the peas, green onion and chopped peanuts.
  8. Toss well.
  9. Pour out on plate, top with cabbage, carrots and cilantro
  10. Serve with lime wedge.

Notes

  • This makes one large serving or two smaller servings if using as a side dish.
  • Can easily be doubled, tripled or quadrupled.
  • I use low sodium soy sauce.
  • I use creamy peanut butter but you could very easily use crunchy.
  • I use frozen peas instead of canned.
  • I have used Siracha Sauce rather than Go Chu Jang but use a teaspoon rather than tablespoon.
  • I have used Gluten Free Rice Ramen Noodle.
  • I have also used Thai Rice noodles when I was out of Ramen Noodles but since they are so much thinner, it does change the texture a bit.
  • I have used cashews instead of peanuts which, in my opinion, gives it a richer flavor.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.  As always, if you try the recipe, I would love any feedback you care to give.

10 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome! A few years ago you posted a recipe for fried rice. I make it all the time and have shared it with a lot of co-workers who make it a lot too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know, Eva...it is nice to know that someone is enjoying some of my recipes. I hope you enjoy this recipe if you try it.

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  2. Oh yum!! I can't wait to try this! Thanks Cat!
    It looks easy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is easy, Minelle...let me know if you have any questions.

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  3. This sounds awesome Cat, thank you :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Roz...if you try it, hope you enjoy. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  4. Sounds like my cup of tea!
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you try it, Jan. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  5. This sure does look good, Cuz! :) I think that I will show this to Rob. He might conjure it up one of these nights! :) YUMMM! Thanks so much. Many hugs,

    <3 Katie t

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tastes good Cuz...I'm sure Rob will have not trouble whipping this up. Let me know how it turns out, if he does. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.