Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Where Were You?

I share the following every year as a reminder…we must never forget!  Never fails to brings tears to my eyes every time I read it.


You say you will never forget where you were when you heard the news on September 11, 2001.

Neither will I.

I was on the 110th floor in a smoke filled room with a man who called his wife to say "Good-bye." I held his fingers steady as he dialed. I gave him the peace to say, "Honey, I am not going to make it, but it is OK...I am ready to go."

I was with his wife when he called as she fed breakfast to their children.  I held her up as she tried to understand his words and as she realized he wasn't coming home that night.

I was in the stairwell of the 23rd floor when a woman cried out to Me for help.  "I have been knocking on the door of your heart for 50 years!" I said.  "Of course I will show you the way home -- only believe on Me now."

I was at the base of the building with the Priest ministering to the injured and devastated souls. I took him home to tend to his Flock in Heaven. He heard my voice and answered.

I was on all four of those planes, in every seat, with every prayer.  I was with the crew as they were overtaken.  I was in the very hearts of the believers there, comforting and assuring them that their faith has saved them.

I was in Texas, Kansas, London.  I was standing next to you when you heard the terrible news.  Did you sense Me?

I want you to know that I saw every face.  I knew every name -- though not all know Me.

Some met Me for the first time on the 86th floor.

Some sought Me with their last breath.

Some couldn't hear Me calling to them through the smoke and flames; “Come to Me... This way... take My hand."

Some chose, for the final time, to ignore Me.

But, I was there.

I did not place you in the Tower that day.  You may not know why, but I do.

However, if you were there in that explosive moment in time, would you have reached for Me?

September 11, 2001, was not the end of the journey for you.  But someday your journey will end and I will be there for you as well.

Seek Me now while I may be found.

Then, at any moment, you know you are "ready to go."

I will be in the stairwell of your final moments.

God

During the next 60 seconds, please stop whatever you are doing, and take this opportunity (really, just 1 minute) to say an "Our Father" for the families of all those who lost their lives and the responders who risked their lives due to the events of September 11, 2001:
Our Father who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name,
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day
Our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen.

Please don't forget to give thanks for your family and friends!

faces of the fallen
This picture is comprised of the photos of all those who were lost.

the day the NY skyline was scarred forever
remember the heroes
tears in the eye

10 comments:

  1. This brings me to tears... Every time you post it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does the same to me, Minelle. :(

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  2. I am with Minelle on the tears...a lovely and timely post. Devastation and hope....thankful that we have the hope.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I tear up every time I read it, Abby. I agree...we have to have hope!

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  3. Very powerful and emotive, thank you for re-sharing this. Joining you in remembrance, I will never forget.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Roz...very powerful...thank you for joining.

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Neither will I, Terps.

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.