Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Friday, September 9, 2016

They Want to be Paid for That?

I was an instructor at an adult education center.  In addition to teaching classes in basic math and writing, I also helped students job search.

A great clerical opportunity came up one day for a woman in my class.  It sounded like a done deal, but they needed her to fax them her resume and cover letter.  I gave her documents a quick proofread and then sent her to the fax room.


Thirty minutes later, when she hadn't come back to class, I went looking for her.

She was still in the fax room, but now she was visibly upset. 'YOU SAID I practically had the job. YOU SAID they just wanted my resume. SO WHY DO THEY KEEP SENDING IT BACK?!'


Turns out she thought a fax machine was like a paper teleporter and she felt extremely insulted that her papers kept coming back out of the machine.


In the 30 minutes since I'd left her in the fax room, she'd sent her cover letter and resume at least 15 times.


She did not get the job.  (Source)
Surprised?



My dad called me up and asked where he could get additional fonts for his computer.

Before explaining about Google, Adobe, or free fonts, I decided to clarify. 'What type of font are you looking for?'

Dad: 'Well I just need a bigger font to make a sign at work, but the largest I have is 72pt and I think I need 150pt. Where can I download that?'


I'm glad I clarified.


Dad was so impressed that he could just click into that little window and set the font to a larger size.


Neither my Dad, his boss, or other employees knew that was possible. (Source)




Had to teach a 32-year-old woman how to make an upper case character on a keyboard.  (Source)

Seriously?!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. LoL Cat, just shaking my head here lol. Some people deserve their pay! lol

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shaking my head here also, Roz...some people definitely do not deserve what they are paid while others are woefully underpaid. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  2. Haha thanks for the laugh, Cat.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Lindy...happy you enjoyed these. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  3. Keep thinking about the cup holder thing - remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Sunny...I do remember...as well as a few other 'good ones'. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.