Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Burnt Toast



Hey y’all…thanks to my ‘lovely’ internet provider, I have only been able to visit blog land via my phone which is not 4G or even 3G service so have not been able to visit many of you.  Could visit some  of your blogs and even comment a bit…others timed out or couldn't get my comment to submit.  Wonder if blogger bought my ISP…I swear, they both hate me!   grrrr 

Anyhoo, am up for now so am uploading more draft posts.  Will try to get around to visiting and answering all your emails and comments just as soon as I can.

This was on my Facebook  page today…just had to share it!  Hope you enjoy!

enjoy life

When I was a kid, my Mom liked to cook food and every now & then I remember she used to cook for us.

One night in particular when she had made dinner after a long hard day at work, Mom placed a plate of bread jam and extremely burned toast in front of my dad. 

I was waiting to see if anyone noticed the burnt toast. 

But Dad just ate his toast and asked me how was my day at school. I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember I heard Mom apologizing to dad for burning the toast.

And I'll never forget what he said: "Honey, I love burned toast."


Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night and I asked him if he really liked his toast burned.

He wrapped me in his arms and said, "Your momma put in a long hard day at work today and she was really tired.  And besides, a little burnt toast never hurts anyone but harsh words do!"

You know, life is full of imperfect things and imperfect people I'm not the best at hardly anything, and I forget birthdays and anniversaries just like everyone else. 

What I've learned over the years, is that learning to accept each others faults and choosing to celebrate each other’s differences, is one of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and lasting relationship. 

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. 

Love the people who treat you right and have compassion for the ones who don't.

ENJOY LIFE NOW.

22 comments:

  1. Oh Cat, I don't know if it's true or not but thank you for sharing this beautiful story. ((hugs)) Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gina...I don't know either but the lesson sure is real! ;)

      Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. Cat, that is absolutely amazing, and such wise advice! Thank you so much for sharing, it really as given me food for thought. Hope your internet issues resolve soon.

    {{{hugs}}} EsMay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed it Es May...it really does make you stop and think doesn't it. Internet issues...grrrr. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. Hi Cat, how frustrating! Hope your internet issues are resolved soon. Thank you for sharing. Such a beautiful story and wonderful message.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Roz...some of the issues should be resolved soon but the rest...nope. ;( Happy you enjoyed the story...it is beautiful isn't it.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. Hi Cat , what a sweet little tale. :)
    I hope you get your internet problems sorted soon
    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jan...some of the internet problem will be resolved...some is an ongoing issue. Happy you enjoyed the story. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. Love that you posted this, it is so sweet. Hope the internet or 'blogger' fix themselves soon. With the snow, you have enough to deal with already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sunny...Happy you enjoyed the story. Some of the problems have been fixed (for now) but the others are an ongoing issue. :(

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  6. Oops I may have complained about burnt toast and burnt eggs. This is such a good reminder why I should just say thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is isn't it Sara...so easy to hurt people without even trying.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  7. Don't you just hate it when the internet messes with you just because it can? UGH!

    That is a great story and reminds me that most people are doing the best they can most of the time.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Cygnet...good way of putting it...they do it just because they can!

      I do love the powerful message such a simple story delivers. Happy you enjoyed it.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  8. Thank you Cat :) As usual, you find just the right things to post and say. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Queenie...happy you enjoyed it.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  9. Most things on facebook just make me laugh...this one....is a keeper.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Abby...definitely a keeper!

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  10. Good luck with your ISP. I hope you can get that resolved quickly. I wonder what is affecting your service? Ours is wonky right now, too.

    We have ours through our cable service, but it hasn't been strong enough to access through my phone via wi-fi as I usually do, so I'm on 4G through the phone eating up data. Still, guess I can't complain too much - I had dial-up for a decade before we got satellite internet out in the boonies. I could go make a pot of coffee and a snack waiting for a page to load. Cccrrraaazzzyyy!!! Lol!

    Thanks for the slice of humble pie, Cat. Sometimes, we need reminding about how to be gracious and kind.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Irishey...if you have Dish Satellite, they've had a major issue since last week...we keep going up and down...they think they have it fixed and then...poof! There is some other nonsense going on throughout the internet...might have to write a post about it.

      Wasn't really trying to serve humble pie dear...just trying to share a simple reminder. ;)

      Hope everything is going well for you...including your well! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
    2. The well seems well enough right now. Thanks!

      We had DirecTV until about a year ago, then switched to the same local cable service that has supplied our phone and internet the past few years. Thankfully, the cable service upgraded to fiber optics summer before last. Satellite internet was at my old house, and was great compared to the dial-up we had for so long before that. I like DirecTV, but it's a pain because it would go out during rain, snow, high winds and heavy cloud cover.

      Yes, please, enlighten us about the internet shenanigans. :-)

      Delete
    3. Will try to get something written this week. Oh yes, I can definitely identify with internet going out during rain, snow, high winds, heavy clouds...oh and sleet, a little bit of rain, gentle breeze blowing the wrong way, etc. ;)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.