Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Baked Oatmeal

It’s been a while since I shared a recipe so thought I would share this one.  I found the original somewhere on the internet but can’t find the link.  This is what I came up with after I tried it a few times. Yes, it is different…go figure. Open-mouthed smile

Ingredients
  • 3 cups rolled oats
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 cup milk
  • 3 tbsp. butter, melted
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
Suggested Optional Ingredients (as much or as little as you like)
  • Walnuts
  • Raisins
  • Cranberries
  • Almonds
  • Blueberries
  • Shredded coconut
  • Chocolate chips
  • Or anything else that sounds good!
Instructions
  1. Place paper muffin cups in muffin tin…can be lightly greased. Set aside.
  2. Combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Set aside.
  3. In another mixing bowl, combine eggs, applesauce, milk, butter and vanilla and whisk thoroughly.
  4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix.
  5. Stir in any optional ingredients.
  6. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
  7. Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
Notes
  • Steel cut oats can be substituted
  • Do not use instant or quick cook oats
  • Sweetened applesauce can be substituted
  • Can substitute almond or coconut milk
  • If you do not oil the muffin cups, the oatmeal will stick to the paper a bit.
  • Will keep in the refrigerator for 3 or 4 days...wrap in foil and warm in oven for 10 minutes.
  • Freeze well…remove from freezer and place in refrigerator the night before. In the morning, in foil and warm in oven for 10 minutes.
  • Can easily be halved or doubled.

Yield 12 ‘Muffins’

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and if you try the recipe, as always, I would love any feedback you would care to give.

Hope you enjoy!

REMINDER:  Please remember to get your contribution for Queenie's special post (see original post here) no later than the 16th of February.

Update:  Here is a review and pictures from our Katie

What are these like?  Well, I didn't know exactly what to expect.  I made half a recipe yesterday.  I had all the ingredients here at Mom's.  I added 2 of those snack sized boxes of raisins to it all (2- 1 ounce boxes) and spooned them into the muffin tin.  I could not find muffin papers so I just used some Pam and wiped it around.  They were easy to take out of the tin.  Half the recipe filled 10 small (not tiny ones but they were not regular deep ones) cups.  Popped them in the oven.

They came out exactly like you said they would.  Not like a muffin at all.  More like... nice, firm and yet soft and scrumptious oatmeal.  I liked them so much that I had them for breakfast this morning again.  Only this time I had a little Greek yogurt (non fat and plain, with a little of the applesauce next to them.  I will be having them again tomorrow.  Just like that! 

Baked Oatmeal a la Cat!

Katie's Breakfast-Cuz's Baked Oatmeal, 0% plain Greek yogurt & unsweetened applesauce


 

 

 

 

Hope this helps you decide to make these. Winking smile

17 comments:

  1. Yummy, yum, yum! My stomach is growling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful Cat! I will be trying this over the weekend. Thanks, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Lisa...please let me know how they turn out.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hope you try them Autumn...they are great. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. Gosh this sounds great Cuz!! :) Maybe I will go downstairs and make these for mom and me this morning. (If I can get my fanny out of bed! Lol). This recipe can be halved easily I think. We have all the ingredients. Thanks for sharing! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reminding me Katie...I will update the notes...yes, this recipe can be easily halved or doubled. I just usually make a full batch and freeze my extras. Hope they turned out well for you.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. Sounds wonderful Cat, really yummy. Thank you for sharing :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy Roz...if you make them, please let me know how they turn out. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  6. Hi Cat, nice recipe, might have a go for my hubby. Thanks
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you try it Rose...my youngest DIL doesn't care for oatmeal and loves these. They are also very filling so they kick off your day well. ;) Please let me know if your hubby likes them.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  7. Hi Cat, this sounds great, I like recipes where you can add optional ingredients to play around with. Haven't made anything with chocolate lately .... Thank you for sharing this, it makes feel like baking muffins is in order! :)

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like them Nina...just be prepared...they do not have a muffin texture...they are actually oatmeal baked in a muffin tin...delicious but different. I really like mine with walnuts and cinnamon. ;) If you make any, please let me know how they turn out.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  8. will have to add this to my "want to try" list... :-) thanks for another recipe Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Terps...hope you enjoy! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.