Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Why We Live as Long as We Do...

An oldie but a goodie. Open-mouthed smile


On the first day God created the cow. God said, "You must go to the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer I will give you a life span of sixty years."


The cow said, "That's a kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. Let me have twenty years and I'll give back the other forty." And God agreed.

On the second day, God created the dog. God said, "Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. I will give you a life span of twenty years."

The dog said, "That's too long to be barking. Give me ten years and I'll give back the other ten." So God agreed (sigh).

On the third day God created the monkey. God said, "Entertain people, do monkey tricks, make them laugh. I'll give you a twenty year life span."

The monkey said, "How boring, monkey tricks for twenty years? I don't think so. Dog gave you back ten, so that's what I'll do too, okay?" And God agreed again.

On the fourth day God created man. God said, "Eat, sleep, play. Do nothing, just enjoy, enjoy. I'll give you twenty years."

Man said, "What? Only twenty years? No way! Tell you what, I'll take my twenty, and the forty cow gave back, and the ten dog gave back and the ten monkey gave back. That makes eighty, okay?"
"Okay," said God. "You've got a deal."

So this is why for the first twenty years we eat, sleep, play, enjoy, and do nothing; for the next forty years we slave in the sun to support our family; then for next ten years we do monkey tricks to entertain our grandchildren; and for the last ten years we sit in front of the house and bark at everybody.

20 comments:

  1. True, true! Of course if we win the lottery maybe we can continue to play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When not if Minelle! :D

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed it DF. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. Hi Cat, how true, am waiting for the grandchildren phase, ever hopeful
    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Jan...the grandchildren phase is great but still slaving away. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. This is great Cat and sounds so scarily true LoL Love it!

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed Roz and yes, it does sound scarily true. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. LOL Hmm, I get to bark for 10 years at the end... no one told me that, something to look forward too! :) Though, if the Duke is there with me, I'll have a sore bottom every time I do! :)

    {{{hugs}}} EsMay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL Es May...you'll just have to tell the Duke that when you 'bark', you are doing what God intended! :D

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  6. Well it all makes sense now! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure does Sara. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  7. Wow, that is a kick and unfortunately so true. I'm in the sitting on the porch barking stage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And having fun doing so Sunny? ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  8. Lol, this is too cute. I laughed out loud at the last part. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed it Kenzie. ;)

      Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  9. I loved this, so I'm at the cow age now, it makes everything so clear, can I by pass the monkey age and just jump right to the barking ?? Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL Missy...I guess if you want to bypass monkey and go straight to barking...I can't stop ya. *snicker*

      Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  10. Oh, dear. I got this all convoluted. Oh, well, as long as I get my 80, it doesn't really matter to me which order I do these things, or that I do some much longer than others...does it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Irishey...guess it can't be held against ya if you can't count very well. :D

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.