Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Banana Bread

Naughty Ana over at governingana has been making all kinds of bread, including banana bread...and NOT sharing any with us!  Who wants to volunteer to go spank her!  

Anywho...I thought I would share one of my recipes.   Here is a Banana bread recipe that uses applesauce and honey rather than oil and sugar for a nice change.  It is very easy!



Ingredients

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup applesauce
3/4 cup honey
2 eggs – beaten
3 very ripe bananas – mashed
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)



Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Tear off a sheet of parchment paper large enough to line the bottom and sides of a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
  3. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.  Stir well.
  4. In a separate bowl, mix together applesauce and honey.
  5. Stir eggs and mashed bananas in to applesauce/honey mixture until well blended.
  6. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture – just enough to moisten so there are no dry ingredients. 
  7. Stir in walnuts - if using.
  8. Pour batter into lined loaf pan.
  9. Bake approximately 60 to 65 minutes, until a knife inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
  10. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.



Notes:

  • If you don’t have or don’t want to use parchment paper, then lightly grease the loaf pan.
  • Sometimes I use whole wheat flour rather than white flour.
  • You can always use nuts other than walnuts...they are just my favorite. 
  • You don't have to use any nuts if you don't want to!  LOL

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and if you try the recipe, as always, I would love any feedback you would care to give.

17 comments:

  1. I hope I can try this!! It sounds delish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you make it, let me know how it turns out for you Minelle. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this Cat, I love banana bread!

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it Roz. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. I love the sound of this, am definitely going to give it a go
    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do Jan, let me know if you liked it. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. Must try this as I love banana bread but never tried it with apple sauce and honey.

    Cat, thanks for sharing.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ronnie...does give it a bit different flavor/texture. If you try it, let me know what you think.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. Hi Cat! Sounds very similar to one of my banana bread recipes I like to use...I just made zucchini bread...and the kids and I have been happily munching away :-) Thanks for sharing :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh Terps...I do love zucchini bread! Hope you and your kiddos enjoy this.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  6. In my case, the nut is making the bread.

    Thanks for sharing, I substitute applesauce and honey for the few things I do bake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL good point Sunny! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  7. I adore banana bread and only made some last week. I have printed out your recipe and will try it next time I make some. It sounds so delicious. I just wish I didn't have all this weight to lose.... Still, I can blame you can't I?

    Many hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course Ami...if you are going to use my recipes, then by all means...blame me! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  8. Sounds good, Cat. I like to add mini semi-sweet chocolate chips to my banana bread. Chocolate is good for you, in moderation. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course chocolate is good for you Irishey! Dark chocolate is actually very good for you...that's why I try to eat a few pieces of my Dark Chocolate Pomegranate candy every day. ;) Of course, that's probably why I'm huge! ;(

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
    2. I love dark chocolate (imho there really isn't any other kind that truly counts) with pomegranate, or raspberry, orange, blueberry, apricot, most fruits. And nuts. And caramel. And marshmallow creme (hush).

      Do you get those little chocolate balls filled with jelled pomegranate? Those are awesome. It's very hard to eat only a few each day. Dang it. :-)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.