Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Shocking? True Historical Facts

The first contraceptives were used in Ancient Egypt, and were lubricated vaginal suppositories made of acidic substances  Don't think I would want to use those suppositories! 

 

Guess even the Ancient Egyptians needed to get their horizontal tango on guilt-free sometimes!  Just to give you a clue, the earliest record we have referring to this method dates back to about 1850 B.C.E. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The best selling book of the 15th century was an erotic book called "The Tale of the Two Lovers", written by none other than Pope Pius II 

 

Granted, the man was not inducted until 23 years after his romance was published, but still!  Just imagine if Pope Francis came out and told all of us that he was actually the one who wrote "Fifty Shades of Grey".  Now get that image out of your head...double dawg dare ya!  LOL
 

14 comments:

  1. Rock on Pius II !! Sex is a good thing...I never did understand how we Catholics got labeled as prudes...LOLOLOL...maybe I am just an atypical Catholic...or maybe not...I'm gonna have to check out "The Tale of Two Lovers" and see. Even popes have lives before they become pope (grin). Thanks for the book suggestion

    Not sure what to say about the contraceptives, except, were they effective?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Cygnet...most of the Catholics I know are not prudes although some do wear that mask LOL. Not sure about the contraceptives but...dang!

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. It makes you clench up just to think about it! Yuck! But because I am not a scientist, nor a biologist, I don't actually know whether vaginas are acid or alkaline, so presumably if the lubricant was only mildly acid, it probably did its job as well as some of the stuff around the shelves these days. I do know that condoms have been around for thousands of years and that they were made of the same intestinal skin that we now use to make sausages. (Well, we do here in the UK at least!)

    As for popes - don't get me started on that one! I remember how well some of the nuns used to entertain visiting priests at the convent I attended. And our local priest once drank my father out of whisky, and believe me, that was an Olympic task!

    Many hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are just a font of information aren't ya Ami! Guess I should have run these by you first! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. Interesting facts Cat! OMG, no I can't get that image out of my head!

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Roz...gotcha! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. I prefer the image of the Pope writing 50 Shades to the acidic vaginal suppositories. Bleh. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Irishey...ya got a good point there! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. Well, the pope was a bouncer, so who knows, he probably had many tales to tell.

    Acidic suppositories, that had to feel good NOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you Sunny...just can't see how that would have been anything but painful.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  6. That's funny. I love historical facts. I wish my history class in highschool had been this interesting! I would have made an A!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Sara...I'm with you...lot more interesting that memorizing dates. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.