Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Orange Vinaigrette

I know that many of us are trying to find ways to lose some weight now that the holidays are over.  Here is a recipe for a versatile vinaigrette.
 
Ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup orange juice
  • 2/3 cup white wine vinegar
  • 2/3 cup olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
  • 2 teaspoons minced onion
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro

Directions:
  1. Add all the ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake well.
  2. Refrigerate for an hour.

 
Notes:
I use this in several different ways:
  • As a dressing on salad
  • Over shredded cabbage for a different type of cole slaw
  • As a dip for raw veggies
  • Over steamed veggies
Very easy and extremely yummy!

As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask and if you try the recipe, I would love any feedback you would care to give.

Hope you enjoy!


14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hey Sunny...I know it's over 5 ingredients but since it's only two steps, I thought that might equal out for ya. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. Thanks Cat, sounds wonderful and yes ... definitely looking to loose some extra Christmas pounds :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Roz...I used this over the top of my steamed veggies and fish last night...yum!!! If you try, let me know what you think.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. Oh that's sounds lush :) will definitely try it out and let you know how it was :)

    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Missy...yes please do let me know what you think...I love feedback. Some of my best recipes started as mistakes! LOL

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. Sounds very easy and will be a nice change from the usual vinaigrette. Hope it has a magic weight loss ingredient in it!

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ami...I truly wish it had a magic weight loss ingredient but at least it's lighter than many other vinaigrette's and very flavorful. Would be interested in hearing what you and Dan think of it.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. Yummmm...I will even try vinaigrettes on chicken!
    I am with Ami, hope it has a magic weight loss ingredient in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Minelle...I end up putting them on most everything. A lot of my vinaigrettes are used for marinades. Like I told Ami...I really wish it contained a magic weight loss ingredient but I hope you'll like it anyway. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  6. as always thanks for the recipe :-) Hugs Magic weight loss ingredient sounds fabulous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Terps...Ami really started something with the 'magic ingredient' didn't she! If you try it, let me know what you think. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  7. Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Grace...I like it and hope you do also...let me know if you try it. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.