Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Worst Customer Ever

I’m a manager at a grocery store, so I get awesomely rude customers on a daily basis. 

Every Wednesday is senior discount day.  You have to be 55-60 to qualify for the discount.  Needless to say, Wednesdays are tense.  Lots of seniors, and lots of other people who don’t want to deal with the seniors.  I don’t generally mind the old folks.  Most of them are pretty cool and have some interesting stories and cute jokes.

This Wednesday there was one particular customer who was being a huge pain in the a** from the moment she walked in.  She was tall, blonde, high heels, very made up, and dressed to the nines.  She was probably late 30s to early 40s.  She came storming up to customer service, “There are NO parking spots.  This is ridiculous.  I’m going to request to corporate that you expand your parking lot, since you don’t seem to have the initiative to request that yourself.”
 
Off to a great start, lady.
 
She comes storming back up about 45 minutes later.  “I am in a HUGE hurry, and every line has someone in it.  I need to check out here.”

We had three lines open, and each one had ONE single customer.

ONE.

I say “No problem, but I’ll get you at a checkout. You have too many items to get here.”

She has a HUGE hissy fit. “I don’t have time for this.  Let’s GO.”

 
At this point I was getting really annoyed…As I’m checking her out, it is constant complaining.
“You only have one brand of makeup?  That is ridiculous.  I only wear MAC, but I was going to settle for Revlon, but you don’t even have that.  Now I have to make a whole separate trip.”

“Please don’t put my bread on top of my eggs, the eggs could roll over and crush the bread.”

“Please bag my avocados separately; I need to use those for a face mask tonight.  They need to be perfect, I have a photo session for work tomorrow.  I’m in a magazine.”

 
She was unbelievable. Finally, at the end, I had had enough.

 
As she’s about to pay, I say, “Don’t forget today is senior discount day!  You get 5% off!”
 
She just stared at me.
 
“What?” I smiled broadly.  “Every Wednesday, senior citizens get 5% off their bill. I’ll go ahead and take it off. You are 55-60, right?”

She is staring at me, debit card in hand, cheeks getting red.

I lose my smile slowly and say “Oh, you don’t qualify?  Sorry about that.  Maybe next year! Thanks for your honesty.”

 
I haven’t seen her in the store since.  Open-mouthed smile Thumbs upThumbs up

12 comments:

  1. LoL, she deserves what she gets! Thank you for the good laugh, Cat.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I so agree, NiNa...happy you enjoyed it. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  2. Hi Cat, well that's one way to get rid of people!
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure is, Jan. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  3. Oh, this is priceless, way to go LoL. Thank you for the giggle Cat :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Roz...happy you enjoyed it. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  4. I liked that manager. Made me smile. Thanks Cat.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Ronnie...he's my kind of manager. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  5. I love it. I'm one of those senior citizens and I complain about the other senior citizens. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Sunny...happy you enjoyed it. Oh and BTW...you are barely a senior citizen and then...only in age...not mentally. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  6. Oh my, he knew how to sort her out! Thanks for the giggle, Cat.

    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he sure did, Rosie...loved it. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.