Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Hello, Operator

Actual call center conversations!

telephone 2
 
Customer: ‘I've been calling 700-1000 for two days and can't get through; can you help?'
Operator: 'Where did you get that number, sir?'
Customer: ‘It's on the door of your business.'
Operator: 'Sir, those are the hours that we are open.'
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Samsung Electronics
Caller: ‘Can you give me the telephone number for Jack?'
Operator: ‘I'm sorry, sir, I don't understand who you are talking about.'
Caller: ‘On page 1, section 5, of the user guide it clearly states that I need to unplug the fax machine from the AC wall socket and telephone Jack before cleaning. Now, can you give me the number for Jack?'
Operator: 'I think it means the telephone plug on the wall.'
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
RAC Motoring Services
Caller: 'Does your European Breakdown Policy cover me when I am traveling in Australia?’
Operator: 'Does the policy name give you a clue?'
 
**********
 
Caller (inquiring about legal requirements while traveling in Europe)
'If I register my car in France, and then take it to England, do I have to change the steering wheel to the other side of the car?'
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Directory Inquiries
Caller: 'I'd like the number of the Argo Fish Bar, please'
Operator: 'I'm sorry, there's no listing. Are you sure that the spelling is correct?'
Caller: 'Well, it used to be called the Bargo Fish Bar but the 'B' fell off.'
 
**********
 
Then there was the caller who asked for a knitwear company in Woven.
Operator: ‘Woven? Are you sure?'
Caller: ‘Yes. That's what it says on the label -- Woven in Scotland.'
 
**********
 
On another occasion, a man making heavy breathing sounds from a phone box told a worried operator: ‘I haven't got a pen, so I'm steaming up the window to write the number on.'

********** 

14 comments:

  1. I have to wonder how those poor operators have not lost their tempers! Thanks, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's hard Lisa. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. I would spend all day laughing if I was an operator!
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes that's the only way to get through the day without committing murder Jan. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. These are so funny. Guess it takes all sorts lol

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does Roz...happy you enjoyed. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. Oh my, these are too funny. Operators do not have an easy job, I'd say. Thank you for the good giggles, Cat.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No they sure don't have it easy Nina..happy you enjoyed. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. Good ones. Thanks for the laugh Cat.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Ronnie...happy you enjoyed them. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  6. I can't imagine working a call center - I think I would lose what sanity I may have. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Sunny...I've worked tech support and just about lost what little sanity I have. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  7. Just shaking my head in wonder...... there are real people that ask these stupid questions which simply makes me wonder about how these people can get through life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree Blondie...so very agree. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.