- 2 cups cooked rice
- ¼ pound cooked shrimp
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ cup thin sliced carrots
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- Heat sesame oil in large skillet or wok on medium heat.
- Add onion and carrots, stir fry until almost tender.
- Add peas and garlic, stir for another minute.
- Crack eggs into pan and scramble, mixing throughout the vegetables
- Add rice, stir until heated almost through.
- Add shrimp, stir until heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in soy sauce and optional red pepper flakes.
- Remove from heat and top with green onions.
- I use whatever rice I have cooked…usually brown basmati but any will work.
- Since shrimp is pre-cooked, make sure your rice is almost heated through before adding shrimp.
- I have also made this with chicken rather than shrimp.
- If you don’t want any meat, you can increase your vegetables.
- A friend of mine uses mixed frozen peas/carrots rather than cutting the carrots but I prefer sliced carrots rather than small cubes.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. As always, if you try this, I would love any feedback you care to give.