Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Thankful Heart

A friend of mine asked me to post the following paragraph (in italics) on Facebook, which I did but I thought it needed to be here also.

The holidays are upon us and it can be a very joyful time of year.  Some of us have problems during the holidays and sometimes are overcome with great sadness when we remember the loved ones who are not with us.  And, many people have no one to spend these times with and are besieged by loneliness.  We all need caring thoughts and loving prayer right now.
 
I'm not asking you to re-post this anywhere, just please stop to say a prayer of support for all those who have family problems, health struggles, job issues, or worries of any kind. 



“A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all the other virtues.” –Cicero
 
if you have food in your fridge



“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” –John F. Kennedy



I am very thankful for my family, my friends, good health, a job, a warm roof over my head, food in my stomach, clothes on my back, and for all of you, my blogging family/friends.  I am truly blessed.

For those in the US, I wish you a loving, warm, and wonderful time with your family and friends during this Thanksgiving holiday.  If you are away from home, I pray you have safe travels.

Blessings to all!

14 comments:

  1. Wishing all our American friends and their families a wonderful Thanksgiving and extending our thoughts and prayers to those who struggle.

    Ian and Lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ian and Lillie - you two are awesome!

      Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  2. Blessings to you and your family. Enjoy a wonderful day.

    "PS. I made your Sweet Potato Dip. It's delish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sunny - Wishing you and your family an awesome day also.

      So glad you like the dip! It is easy isn't it. :D

      Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  3. Lovely post Cat. Wishing you and your family, and all of our American friends and safe and happy Thanksgiving holiday.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Roz. Wishing you a wonderful Thursday. :)

      Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving Cat !

    Love a thankful Willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thursday to you, Barney, and your kiddo's Willie.

      Hope you have a wonderful weekend and a safe trip.

      Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  5. Good morning, Cat! I'm making rounds this morning to say Happy Thanksgiving or Happy Thankful Thursday to all my friends. I am so thankful to be getting to know you better, and to call you my friend. Blessings!

    Irishey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Irishey! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours also. Too bad you're so far away, I'd be at your dinner table right now (away from the 'Turkey's) LOL - looks like an awesome menu.

      Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving day, Cat.
    I'm happy because I could say yes to (well, almost) all of the things on that poster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bas and happy Thankful Thursday to you. I know, you had to put the poster words through a translater but you could still read them. :)

      Happy Anniversary - Have a safe and wonderful weekend with your Lisa.

      Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  7. If I stop to think about it, this would be a sad Christmas season...but for me the joy of blogland is that I get to come here and be excited about teeny little things. I think it's important and necessary to acknowledge sadness and reach out to those who struggle with the season. At the same time, I think it's important to share the message that it *can* be a positive season even in the midst of grief, loss, pain, financial issues, or other difficulties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good point Ana. Thanks for the reminder.

      Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.