Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Friday, November 29, 2013

Thoughts for Parents


children seldom misquote4
And it’s always in the absolutely loudest voice! Smile


my children love my mother
I informed my boys that those people they called grandparents…were NOT the same people that raised me.  Yes…same bodies but definitely not the same people.


teenagers

When I turned about 14 years old, my father lost every brain he ever had.  That man got pure D stupid!  By the time I was 21, he had gained some of his brains back and by the time I was 25, he gained back all his brains and became one of the smartest people I knew!

So as my boys hit about 14 years of age, I warned them that I was gonna lose every brain I ever had and get downright ignorant on them but not to worry, I should regain all my intelligence by the time they hit 25 or so.  

But…even though I was going to be stupid, I was still the parent and they were still the child which means they still have to live by house rules (made by the stupid mother). LOL


hey marine mom can still take your gunFor Rogue’s Smart A$$ Marine!
Even though you are a Marine, when you come home your mom can still take your gun from you!





children who like to argue2
Parents…REMEMBER THIS! Winking smile


worry about the safety of my children
Been there…done that!




raising a teenager
Wise man!



parent of teenager

ROFLMBO…I survived and so did both my boys!  You and yours will also. Smile with tongue out

16 comments:

  1. The one about having more experience with attitude and stubbornness is definitely me. I just told our daughter the other week that she may as well give up because Mommy's had a lot more practice at being stubborn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Dana...Do they really think they invented these things! ;) Good luck with the stubborn little lady!

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. LoL Cat, love the third one! I think parents who survive teenagers deserve a medal!

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Roz...I definitely feel I deserve a medal after surviving my oldest! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. LOLOL Cat!!! :) These are all great! Nothing like those teen years- we have two moved through and two moving through. Gotta love em!!! :)

    I showed the Teenagers Act Now one to Rob and he chuckled and said, put it up on the wall! LOL!!! Quite fitting at times. Thanks for sharing. We do survive. I think... Ha! Many hugs,

    Katie T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh Katie T...absolutely love Rob's idea. Would love to see the look on your teens faces when they saw it! *snicker*

      Sending lots of positive energy for your 'survival'! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. We tell the parents of little ones at school that if they don't believe everything their kids say about us, then we promise not to believe everything they say about you. Good grief, if they only knew what their kids had to say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Chickie...the darndest things do come out of kids mouths don't they! ;)

      Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. Have you ever watched the whole "Bill Cosby Himself" that the quote was taken from? If you haven't you should. It's hysterical! Darn kids they make you laugh one minute and cry the next. If I had known grandparenting was so much fun I would have skipped the parenting gig. Too much work some days!! Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Clara...I have watched the whole "Bill Cosby, Himself" more than once...actually have the video! I've always said that my kids are my greatest joy and my greatest sorrow. Haven't quite figured out how I could have skipped the parenting gig but then again...most days, wouldn't have wanted to. LOL

      The grands sure are worth it! ;)

      Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. LOL Minelle...it was up last night, you just didn't visit! ;) Better late than never? Hopefully, you don't need this tonight!

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  7. LOL, Cat!! Loved them all! And my Marine would agree with you. :)
    Yes, there were days that I didn't think we would survive raising a teenager...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed them Rogue! LOL Oh yes...bet your Marine does agree with me. ;)

      I really look forward to your Little Man becoming a teenager. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  8. this is great. :-) thanks for the smiles. Gosh, I hope I am ready for teenagers...cuz in a few years, ready or not... :-) Hugs, Terps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed these Terps but have to tell ya...no one is ever ready for teenagers! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.