Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Corn Pudding

I haven't posted a recipe for a long time and have been promising to post some.  With the holiday season coming up, I thought I'd post one that is very easy to "make and take". 

 
Ingredients:
1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin mix
2 eggs – beaten
1 cup sour cream
1 can creamed corn
1 can whole kernel corn – undrained
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
½ cup butter

Directions:
  1. Melt butter in 9x13” baking pan.
  2. Stir in creamed corn and undrained corn.
  3. Stir in dry muffin mix.
  4. Add eggs and mix gently.
  5. Dot surface with sour cream and swirl in.
  6. Top with shredded cheese.
  7. Bake 350° 20-30 min.

Notes:
  • If you haven't figured it out yet, this is not actually a 'pudding'...just what it was named. LOL
  • If you can't find Jiffy Corn Muffin mix, just use the dry ingredients of your favorite corn muffin mix recipe.
  • You can mix this up ahead of time and bake it once you arrive at your destination...if they have oven room.
  • This travels well if you want to bake it first and take it warm.
  • You can change this up a bit by adding a can (3oz) of chopped green chilies and/or 1 chopped onion.  Thanks to Cygnet for reminding me! 


If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and if you try the recipe, as always, I would love any feedback you would care to give. 

 

 Hey Sunny...I couldn't remember if your limit was 5 steps or 5 ingredients.  Either way, this is only 7 of each and still very easy for you if you need to take a side dish to a Thanksgiving gathering or want an easy dish to prepare. ;)




14 comments:

  1. I have had this and it is the best! I also sometimes put in canned green chilis and onions...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cygnet...I do that also and totally forgot to put those in the notes...will go back and add! You are so right...very yummy!

      Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. oooh...thanks for the recipe! :-) It is time to start baking and cooking... Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Terps! Think I've got all the recipes tagged so you can click on the 'recipes' tag and find all the recipes I've shared so far. Hope you enjoy. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. This sounds great Cat. Thanks for sharing

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Roz...hope you enjoy! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. So the limit was 5 and you had 7 of each? Sounds like someone needs a spanking for not following instructions. :D

    I have never had corn pudding. Is it kind of like a hot mash?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Ana...no, the limit was not 5! Sunny just doesn't like any recipe that is over 5 steps and 5 ingredients. I was just telling her that even though this was over her personal limit, it was extremely easy and shouldn't really 'violate' her limits. ;)

      Sheesh...I do not need a spanking!

      No, it's not like hot mash...guess you could say it's more like very moist cornbread...almost a spoonbread.

      Let me know if you try it. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. So sad I'm not allowed to have grain. :( I am allowed to cheat every now and then, and will have to try then when I can. :) Looks great. :)

    {{{hugs}}} EsMay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang Es May...sorry about that! Hope you will be able to have some soon. Will have to see what other recipes I can share that don't have grains. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  6. Thanks Cat and it's 5 steps and 5 ingredients. Can't believe you remember that.

    I'll have to ask you again if I need to take something somewhere. In limited space whatever I take anywhere is purchased and no recipe box in sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Sunny...This might be 7/7 but as easy as it is, I think you could 'suspend' your limits. ;) I have several good appetizer recipes that are 5 ingredients or less so if you need something, let me know. :D

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  7. Sorry no Jiffy here. Well except Jiffy Pop! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Willie...Sorry, popcorn just won't work! You can use any corn muffin mix. If you really want Jiffy, it is for sale in Walmart (at least in the states), in Target (do you have one?) and on Amazon...think it's a minimum of 6 boxes but that goes quickly around here. ;)

      Let me know if you have any questions.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.