Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Bubba and the Grill

Each Friday night after work, Bubba would fire up his outdoor grill and cook a venison steak.

But, all of Bubba's neighbors were Catholic.

And since it was Lent, they were forbidden from eating meat on Friday.

The delicious aroma from the grilled venison steaks was causing such a problem for the Catholic faithful that they finally talked to their priest.


 
The Priest came to visit Bubba, and suggested that he become a Catholic.

After several classes and much study, Bubba attended Mass and as the priest sprinkled holy water over him, he said, "You were born a Baptist, and raised a Baptist, but now you are a Catholic."



Bubba's neighbors were greatly relieved, until Friday night arrived, and the wonderful aroma of grilled venison filled the neighborhood.



The Priest was called immediately by the neighbors, and, as he rushed into Bubba's yard, clutching a rosary and prepared to scold him, he stopped and watched in amazement.



There stood Bubba, clutching a small bottle of holy water which he carefully sprinkled over the grilling meat and chanted: "You wuz born a deer, you wuz raised a deer, but now you is a catfish."


ROFLMBO! Works for me!

24 comments:

  1. LOL....Good idea! We are eating fish tomorrow...but hardly a fast and abstinence deal. Seafood lasagna and a bottle of wine! What can I say? I'm a pick and choose Catholic!

    love willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be prepared to laugh at me...karma- dearly departed Catholic relatives, the BIG GUY himself, I don't know, but I burnt my tongue on the first bite of my lasgana! And no the irony is NOT lost on me!

      Delete
    2. Hey Willie...Seafood lasagna works for me! Would love if you would post your recipe...sounds awesome.

      Enjoy!

      Hugs and Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
    3. Nah...not gonna laugh at you...wasn't karma...just hungry and that darned lasagna smelled good! ;)

      Delete
  2. Ha ha ha! I am with Wilma....Seafood can be the best!
    Just a little tidbit of info here...You do know where the tradition cane from. It actually began to help the fishermen. It wasn't about fasting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Minelle...I could probably be a vegetarian 95% of the time if it wasn't for seafood...just can't give it up!

      Hmmm...Interesting tidbit...didn't know that. Thanks for sharing. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  3. I'm ROFLMBO with you. This was a hoot. Actually, it is the one thing I do from my older religion. I never eat meat on Good Friday which really isn't a hardship for me, I love fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sunny...I can remember eating fish sticks every Friday before the church changed the ban to only Friday's during Lent. Not crazy about fish sticks but sure do love fish and all types of seafood! ;)

      Delete
  4. ROFLMAO!!!!! So totally true! It's only meat if you want it to be :P

    Thanks to King Henry VIII I don't have to worry about what I eat on Fridays either ;)

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Callie...can name it anything you want!

      I don't worry about what I eat on Fridays...as long as it tastes good. ;)

      Delete
  5. LoL, well, if it's good enough for the priest ... ?

    I'm with Callie LoL, I don't have to worry about what I eat on Friday's either.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stopped the priest in his tracks didn't he Roz. ;)

      LOL, nope I don't worry about what I eat on Fridays either. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  6. LOL, there is more truth to that joke than we know.


    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cat, very funny, hope you have a nice Easter

    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed it Jan! ;) Wishing you and yours a lovely Easter also.

      Hugs and Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  8. Where there's a will there's a way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. And here I was pulling a nice steak out of the freezer to throw on the grill tonight. Good thing that I can eat it. Can I have dinner at Willie's though. Her dinner sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Blondie...doesn't her dinner sound awesome! Doubt if she made enough for all of us but I've asked that she post her recipe so that we can at least recreate it. ;)

      Enjoy your steak!

      Hugs and Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  10. Not even a 'Holy' Cow on Good Friday. Fish it is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fried chicken at my house. We thought about observing lent but we just don't know enough about it. We will even be staying home Saturday. Way to much perfume around for these special services.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fried chicken works for me Rose! Was raised in the Catholic church but still never got all the rules regarding lent...just eat what I want, when I want. ;)

      Have a lovely Easter!

      Hugs and Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.