Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Friday, March 29, 2013

The Appointment

I was due for an appointment with the gynecologist later in the week. 
 

Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor’s office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 am. 
 

I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45am. 
 

The trip to his office took about 35 minutes, so I didn’t have any time to spare. 
 


As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn’t going to be able to make the full effort.
 
So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pajamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash in that area to make sure I was at least presentable. 
 
I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, donned some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.



I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in. 
 


Knowing the procedure, as I’m sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away.
 
I was a little surprised when the doctor said, “My, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven’t we?” 

But I didn’t respond.
 
 

After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home. The rest of the day was normal…Some shopping, cleaning, cooking.
 


After school when my 6 year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, “Mommy, where’s my washcloth?”
 
 

I told her to get another one from the cupboard.
 
 

She replied, “No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it.”

 
 

Never going back to that doctor again…





...

Never!"
 



42 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm this gives me an idea....LOL!! We laughed so hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you both enjoyed it Minelle! Ooh ideas huh? Have to let us know how that turns out. ;)

      Delete
  2. I am laughing so hard I can hardly type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Cat, Hilarious! I saw the word Gynecologist on your blog and immediately though uh oh, do I want to read this. What am I in for? LoL

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Roz "uh oh, do I want to read this..." You are learning aren't ya. ;) Happy you enjoyed it.

      Hugs and Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  4. Heh, heh, just finished laughing, time to be serious.

    Don't think a man is allowed to comment.
    But suppose I were:
    Why wouldn't you go to this doctor anymore?
    His reaction was very professional. Didn't let himself be distracted. He must be a good doctor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed it Bas and of course a man is allowed to comment!

      You're right, his reaction was very professional but I think it is the woman's embarrassment factor that would keep her from going back. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  5. OMG!!!

    I do agree with Bas. The doctor was professional...but I'm not sure it was a "he".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Ana...You are right, don't know if the doctor was a 'he'. But doesn't matter if the doctor was a 'he' or 'she'...as I told Bas, I think it is the woman's embarrassment that will keep her from going back.

      Hugs and Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  6. I love this one-- what a crack up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny, Cat! Where do you find all these things? Well, you know what they say, "All that glitters is gold!" - or something like that! LOL! Hugs!

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Katie...think the saying is "All that glitters is not gold." Happy you enjoyed it. ;)

      Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  8. Look you lot! Why wouldn't any of you want to experiment a little with some glitter?!!!

    I have lots of body glitter! It's fun!

    It's maybe not what one would wear to see a gyno - but what the heck, life's too short!

    Cat? Was this you? And did you just make it into a little story to amuse us?

    I loved it!

    Many hugs

    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Ami...sorry, can't take credit for this one...wasn't me.

      You little daredevil. ;) You'll have to write a post about the experience when you you wear glitter to your next gyno appointment. *teehee*

      Hugs and Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  9. When I read what did he/she sai I thought that I would never ever stand there for any minute longer, but when I read the rest... :) I loved it. I know it might not be so funny for you, but... :)

    I just run into your blog and it seems that I'll follow :)

    P.S. Sorry for my English. It's still not the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Nisza! Happy you enjoyed the story...no, it really wasn't me and yes, it is very funny.

      You are more than welcome to follow and come visit any time.

      No apologies necessary, your English is just fine.

      Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  10. As always, Cat, you give my day a smile.
    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! Oh my goodness. Bedazzling there, who would have thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL T...gave you some ideas did it. You going to surprise your gyno or Bucko with this one? *teehee* ;)

      Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  12. so funny...you always have a smile ready for us! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What can I say aside from my typical "oh dear!"

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK. That is sooo funny. I love sparkles but never thought of that. My sister who dresses more simply asked me once "does everything you wwear have sparkles?" lol...I guess not everything....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Lucy...now you can tell your sister...nope, not everything! *teehee*

      Delete
  15. He certainly won't forget her:) Hysterical!
    Bea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.