Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Vow of Silence

A man wanted to become a monk so he went to the monastery and talked to the abbot (the head monk).  The abbot said, "You must take a vow of silence and can only say two words every three years."  The man agreed.

 
clip_image001
 

After the first 3 years, the abbot came to him and said, "What are your two words?"  
"Food cold!" the man replied.  The abbot made sure the meals are not cold.
 
 

Three more years went by and the abbot came to him and said, "What are your two words?".
"Robe dirty!" the man exclaimed.  The abbot ordered his robe be washed.
 
 
 
Three more years went by and the abbot came to him and said, "What are your two words?"
"Bed hard!"  The abbot made sure the mattress got re-stuffed.
 
 

Three more years went by and the abbot came to him and said, "What are your two words?"
"I quit!" said the man.




"Well," the abbot replied, "I'm not surprised, you've done nothing but complain since you got here!"

12 comments:

  1. I am quite certain I could not go even a week only saying two words... :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Terps...I know I couldn't! ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  2. Lol, I would have quit earlier than that, I can't keep my mouth shut for two minutes
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Jan...He did very good to hold out as long as he did! :D

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  3. Maybe,maybe, I might last 1 day, if no one spoke to me...before I quit...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL Abby...you would last longer than me! If I don't have anyone else to talk with, I talk with myself.

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  4. I think I spot a trend here. Could not do this either.

    Once, a dentist told me I have a small mouth. Sam did not agree whatsoever!

    Hugs,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFLMBO! Oh Ella...Sam is too funny! :D

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  5. Never happen here. The complaining part yes, - the no talking, never.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Sunny...just can't keep my mouth shut! ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. He lasted a lot longer than I would have, Minelle. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.