Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Orange Tilapia

Oranges

Had my first Christmas celebration last Sunday with my youngest and then had another on Christmas day with my Mom.  Since I did all the cooking for both, this means I’ve had “Christmas food” all week.  Am now getting a bit tired of it so even though I still have leftovers, I decided to fix some fish last night.

Have a surfeit of oranges (don’t ask) so created a new recipe.  May already be a popular one that I’ve never heard of but it’s new to me! Open-mouthed smile

Anyhoo…here it is!

Ingredients:
  • 4 tilapia fillets, about 6 ounces each, approximately 1 1/2 pounds total
  • 2 oranges (well washed)
  • Caribbean (or Jamaican) Jerk Seasoning
  • Fresh Cilantro
  • Cooking spray

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°
  1. Lay foil on baking sheet and spray with oil.
  2. Place fillets on foil.
  3. Zest both oranges over the fish.
  4. Cut oranges in 1/2 and squeeze the orange juice over the fillets.
  5. Sprinkle to taste with the Jerk Seasoning.
  6. Wrap the sides of foil up to create a steam pouch and place in oven.
  7. Bake fillets for approximately 20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
  8. Sprinkle fresh chopped cilantro over cooked fish.


Notes:
  • I use grape seed oil spray but you can use PAM or whatever you prefer.
  • I didn’t give a measurement for the Jerk Seasoning because you are just sprinkling over the fish so you can go lightly or more heavily depending on how spicy you want.
  • Baked fish is very easy to double or triple but you will need to increase your baking time by approximately 5 minutes - just keep a close eye on it.
  • I made oven baked sweet potato fries to go along with the fish but you could also serve with regular fries, baked potatoes, rice…whatever you like! Winking smile

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and if you try the recipe, as always, I would love any feedback you would care to give.

Yes Katie...am cooking the chicken right now...if it turns out well, I will write up and post that recipe tomorrow! Winking smile  

 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Cat, this looks good, though alas, I admit I'm not much of a fan of fish ... sorry :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Roz...Looks good if ya liked fish huh? Since tilapia is a very mild fish, you might actually enjoy it. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. This sounds yummy Cat!!! :) I've never cooked Tilapia but I've thought about it once or twice! Maybe I will try now. :)

    Can't wait to hear how your chicken turned out!! Bet it was good! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Katie...I love tilapia...it's a very mild, delicate whitefish so is easy to use in a lot of recipes. Hope you enjoy it.

      I like the way the chicken turned out...a bit sweeter than I would like but not bad. Have posted the recipe now.

      Let me know if you try either recipe or if you have questions.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. Sounds good and very healthy as well. I think I need calm good for you food too! I will give it a try after I use all the left-overs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Minelle..."calm, good for you food?" If you try it, let me know how your gang likes it. I am very tired of leftovers...bleh! :D

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. Might have a go at this but as I have never heard of this fish, I might have to adapt it a bit. Hope you enjoyed it
    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jan...tilapia is a mild, delicate whitefish that doesn't have an overpowering 'fishy' taste to it. Check with your local fishmonger and see what he can recommend. I'm sure he's heard of tilapia. If you have any questions, let me know.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. Oh I missed this one somehow! Sounds yummy and we have some tilapia and some oranges too. I will have to make this one day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you enjoy it Sara...let me know if you have any questions. ;)

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.