Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Friday, December 19, 2014

The Blasted Elf along with Katie and Queenie Updates

Katie UPDATE: Katie's mom is doing a bit better and has been able to speak to Katie’s dad by phone which comforts them both.  I know her improvement is due to all the prayers, well wishes, healing, energy, positive thoughts, and blessings everyone has been sending.  Thank you so much for continuing to send them.

Now that her Rob is with her, Katie can share some of the burden she’s been shouldering and hopefully get some rest.

*********************************************

Queenie UPDATE: I received an email from Queenie today and she gave me permission to share parts of it with all y’all:

“I think I'm doing pretty well actually.  As Jerry Garcia once said 'what a long, strange trip it's been.'  LOL, pretty dramatic I guess but so true. From the time I get up in the morning until the time I go to bed, it seems like I'm 'fighting cancer' in one way or another.

I also take probably 15 different daily supplements/herbs handpicked for their cancer killing abilities. I've eaten more kale/broccoli/spinach/carrots, etc. in the past few months than I think I have in my entire life. I wash/scrub 5 pound bags of carrots and then juice them everyday. I make smoothies with organic berries/spinach. I make 'green' drinks. I monitor my ph and try to keep it high. I do a few other things I never thought I would, but those are probably best not mentioning. Very undignified :(

I don't know the last time I had sugar! Or junk food! I miss them too! LOL!

I may not be going the conventional 'expected' route, but make no mistake, I AM fighting this thing just as hard as I possibly can. Dawn to dusk and every waking moment. I believe this battle could still go either way. I do believe that so far, I am holding my own and I have no regrets about the path I chose. Realistically, I know if all this doesn't work, this will be my last Christmas, and while I would very much prefer to be here with my family/friends, if God has other ideas, I'm okay with that too. But, it won't be for lack of effort on my part!!”

I know that all the prayers, blessings, healing energy and positive thoughts we’ve been sending to Queenie are helping her.

*********************************************

I will continue to share information as I receive it.  If you have updates regarding any of our absent friends that you want shared, please feel free to send them to me.

*********************************************

creepy elf

 

I have three different elf names…not really fond of any of them so think I’ll just keep my own name. Open-mouthed smile

elf names

 

 

 

Bubbles Sugar-Socks

 

 

 

 

 

 

your elf name

Bubbles AngelEars

 

elf name

 

 

 

Glitzy Sugar-Socks

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

how much to keep mouth shut

 

 

Okay elf…see the picture below…

 

 

 

 

 

 

barbequed elf

Perfect solution to the blasted elf! Open-mouthed smile

20 comments:

  1. Awww Queenie! It sounds like you are doing some wonderful things to try to beat this lousy thing! I am praying for you and thinking about you and your family! You sound strong and have a wonderful attitude. Good for you! Sending you love and big hugs and healing thoughts to go with the prayers. Please let us know what we can do to help you out! <3

    To all of you who have sent emails, texts, phone calls, prayers, thoughts, warm wishes, love, all of it- THANK YOU! You have warmed my heart and touched me through all this rough and unexpected and horrible turn of events! Mom is doing better today, and Dad is doing pretty ok, in as much as he can. I feel your love and I cannot tell you how much it has helped and continues to do so. There is a long road ahead, and a lot to work out, as well as hope for, but the direction is positive. I can't thank you enough for helping me through. It's been one heck of a year. But you know what? You all have lifted me up and helped me through. I am so grateful!

    Rob is here with me now and he is wonderful! He is bossy and spanky and loving. And I am so so glad that we stumbled upon ttwd. His love is so special. I feel blessed!

    And thanks to you, Cuz- for your support and love and keeping everyone updated. You are the best!

    Enjoy the holidays, you all! I'm looking forward to being back around when I can. Many hugs and love, as well as special love to Queenie.

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and letting everyone see how you are doing sweet Katie. Just make sure you mind that loving, bossy, spanky man of yours! Thanks for the lovely compliment. Continuing to send lots of prayers, healing energy and positive thoughts for all of you.

      Huge hugs and blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. Hi Katie, I am so happy to see you visit and know that our prayers are helping.

    Thanks Cat for the update about Queenie. I've been wondering about her. Please let her know I have kept her in my prayers.

    My names are Tinker Monkey-Buns, Angelic McSprinkles, and Tinker McJingles. I think I would like the first one best. Can we assume you don't like Elf on a Shelf? Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome for the updates Lisa...will definitely make sure Queenie gets your message and thanks so much for keeping Katie and her family along with Queenie and her family in your prayers.

      Tinker Monkey-Buns is your favorite? Hmmm LOL No, I don't like the darn elf on the shelf. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. Hi Katie, I'm glad to see your comment and that your Mom is doing better and that you have Rob with you. Continuing to send you positive thoughts and prayers.

    Queenie, glad to hear from you, I was wondering how you are doing. Continuing to send positive thoughts and prayers to you also.

    Thank you Cat for keeping us informed, you are truly a treasure :) My elf names are Jolly Toe-bells, Spunky Sugar Socks and Speedy Glitter Balls LoL

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roz for all the prayers and positive thoughts for Katie and her family and Queenie and her family. Thanks for your lovely compliment.

      So which elf name are you going to use? Maybe change Spunky Sugar-Socks to Spanky Sugar-Socks? *snicker*

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear Katies mum is doing a bit better. All bits count. Glad her husband is there to support her. I think that is why they call it for better and for worse. To help your partner when she needs it builds bonds that are more strong than anything.

    Elf names? Really, Cat? Not fond of mine either. LOL. Stick to my own...
    Thanks for sharing in more meanings than one Cat, you are a treasure.

    Han

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Han...any little bit of progress is good news. I also am so happy that Rob was able to come spend a bit of time supporting her...it is so nice to have those arms to hold you when you are having a rough time and it does help build your bonds stronger.

      LOL Han...not fond of your elf names are ya? And you're not gonna tell us what they are? *snicker* Guess we'll just have to keep using your very nice name. :D Thank you for the lovely compliment.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. very cute. Thanks for the update on our Katie's mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Sunny. You're gonna be like Han and not share your elf names either? LOL

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  6. Hi Cat, I am so glad that Katie’s mom is feeling a little better, even if it happens only in small steps, such news are simply good news. I am so sorry about Queenie and wish so much that she will win herfight against cancer. Just as I keep sending healing energy to Katie and her family, I will do so for Queenie as well. They are in my thoughts and I wish so much for them to be allowed to celebrate more and less burdened future Christmas times with their loved ones.

    Thank you for the updates and sharing elf-fun. Poor elf, in the last picture. My elf name is Cookie Twinkle Toes. Maybe fitting, but I’d rather stick to my own name. :)
    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Nina...any steps, no matter how small, are good. Thank you so much for all the beautiful wishes, good thoughts and healing energy for Katie and her family and for Queenie and her family.

      Poor Elf? *snicker* Cookie Twinkle Toes is not a bad name but I agree, Nina is better.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  7. Hi Cat and Katie, cute names! I am thinking of you Katie and hoping so much that things improve for you. I also hope Queenie wins her battle , there is always hope
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for you good and positive thoughts for Katie and Queenie. With all the prayers, positive thoughts, healing energy and blessings being sent to them, I can't help but believe that everything is going to be fine for both of them.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  8. Hi Cat -
    Thank you so much for the updates. I'm so glad for Katie - that her Rob is now there with her and can help shoulder the burden. That is sometimes all we need. Still praying that her mom recovers soon and that her dad will be ok during this difficult time.

    And for Queenie - she needs to know that she is loved and prayed for over here. I hope that she can write us some more so she will know that. But even if not, I'm glad she has you to turn to and to convey our thoughts and prayers to her.

    Loved the elf names - they were cute. And I agree about the Elf on the Shelf - ew. My kids keep thanking me for never putting up such a creepy Christmas thing, lol.
    hugs,
    Cali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Cali...it is so much easier if we have someone (especially a loved one) to help us shoulder the burden.

      Thank you for all the prayers for Katie and her family along with Queenie and her family. I have told Queenie that she is welcome to guest post here anytime she would like but right now her focus is on beating the disease. I will definitely keep everyone updated whenever she contacts me with updates and will pass along all thoughts and prayers.

      You didn't share your elf names...so guess they weren't that cute. LOL I am so happy the elf on the shelf was not around when my kids were growing up.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  9. Hi Cat, thanks for the update on Katie and Queenie.
    Pass on the words of prayers and encouragement to Queenie. I have read quite a bit on alternative health, including various ways to combat cancer alternatively with food. I am very hopeful that she will be successful! My prayers are coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Minelle...I am sure Queenie is reading here but will pass on the messages also. I've also read quite a bit on alternative health care and know that my brother did quite a bit of juicing when he was fighting cancer. I know Katie and Queenie appreciate the prayers.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  10. Thank you for the update on Katie and Queenie. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Renee!

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.