Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Retirement Dinner

A  Priest was being honored at his retirement dinner after 25 years in the  parish. 

 
A leading local politician and member of the congregation was chosen to make  the presentation and to give a little speech at the dinner. 
 
However, he was delayed, so the Priest decided to say his own few words  while they waited:
  
“I  got my first impression of the parish from the first confession I heard here.   I  thought I had been assigned to a terrible place.  The very first person who  entered my confessional told me he had stolen a television set and, when  questioned by the police, was able to lie his way out of it.  He had stolen money  from his parents;  embezzled from his employer;  had an affair with  his boss’s wife;  had sex with his boss’s 17 year old daughter on numerous  occasions,  taken illegal drugs; had several homosexual affairs;  was  arrested several times for public nudity and gave VD to his sister.  I was  appalled that one person could do so many awful things.   But as the days  went on, I learned that my people were not all like that and I had, indeed, come  to a fine parish full of good and loving people.” 
 
 
Just  as the Priest finished his talk, the politician arrived full of apologies at  being late.  

He immediately began to make the presentation and gave his  talk: 
 
“I’ll  never forget the first day our parish Priest arrived,” said the  politician.  “In fact, I had the honor of being the first person to go to  him for confession.”
 

Moral:  Never, Ever, Ever Be Late!!!!   Open-mouthed smile  








16 comments:

  1. LOL..Luckily i am of the...always early club...hate being late....
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Abby...I also hate being late...especially when I leave early or at least on time. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. That is terrible but very funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. Happy to say that my first confession was fairly uneventful. Probably all the stuff everybody confesses at one time or another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely oops Rose! ;) Happy to hear that your first confession was uneventful.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed it Ni Na. ;)

      Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. LOL Jan...I totally agree. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Oops is definitely right Roz! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  7. Funny, but then he is a politician, so what is new. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Sunny...excellent point! :D

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  8. I suppose if he is a politician he can probably talk his way out of it. Sadly these days it seems many a Catholic priest has the need to keep a very low profile indeed! Wonder if it is a true story?

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Ami...don't know if it's true or not but I can certainly see it being true for many of the politicians in office today! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.