Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Friday, September 1, 2017

Simple Math

"A customer a few weeks ago wanted to return this hair coloring, and exchange it for a different color, right?   So I tell her, she can hand it and the receipt to me, and I can do it all in one transaction if she goes to get the one she wants and any other items she wants.

So she does, and comes back.

I do the return first because it makes the return slip that I stick in the register shorter and easier to deal with, and that way I also don't forget to do it.


The way our system lists returns is a negative value on the receipt. I think in this case it was -6.99.

That said, I still have to scan the one she's swapping it for, but it's also 6.99, which is a positive value so it all evens out, right?


Not according to her.

As far as she was concerned, I shouldn't have charged her for it at all.

And I could not get her to understand that it evens out to a zero value, even with the assistance of one of my coworkers helping explain.


She left, then she came back again, and went to cosmetics that time to try and get it corrected.


It took a manager with a calculator to finally convince her that yes, I did not charge her a value for it." (Source)


That 5.16 is not larger than 5.8.

I worked at a bank with a young coworker who thought that the staff interest rate on a term deposit of 5.8% was worse that the bank's standard rate at the time of 5.16%.

She also couldn't work out 10% of $200, even with a spreadsheet that someone made where all she had to do was enter the number 200 and then look and the large, colorful and well marked answer. (Source)


Customer: If the cucumbers are on sale 4 for $3 why should I be charged .75 cents for one?

Me: Ma'am the sale price IS .75

Customer: That's bulls--t, the other guy would give it to me for the sale price.  I want to talk to someone who knows what the hell they're talking about!

Me: Sure, let me get you a manager.


Manager: Hi ma'am what seems to be the problem?

Customer: Why the hell should I pay .75 cents for a cucumber that's on sale just because I don't want to buy 4 of them!

Manager: Ma'am if 4 cucumbers are $3 then 2 are $1.50 and one would be .75 cents.


ITS THIRD GRADE MATH... COME ON!!! (Source)

10 comments:

  1. LoL Cat, hmm, some of these could 'possibly' be me lol. Maths and I have never seen eye to eye lol. Hope you are having a great weekend :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Roz...doubt very seriously if any of these could be you...you are smart enough to understand when someone explains it to you. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  2. Math makes me head hurt. I understand most simple concepts a high school student would learn. The problem is that most people don't. No more Facebook math challenges for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since you understand most simple high school math, you wouldn't want to be one of the folks above. Oh I have so much fun with the Facebook math challenges. :)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  3. Loved these Cat. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Lindy..happy you enjoyed them. :)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  4. Math was never my favorite, but even I could handle these..hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear that, Abby...these really aren't difficult are they. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  5. Fun read, Cuz! :) I've always enjoyed math! Hope that you have a splendid weekend! Many hugs,

    ❤️Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed it, Cuz. I have fun with math as long as it's not a test as I have terrible text anxiety. Spent part of yesterday and today with my ex as he's been helping get a new sliding door for my house. Once it's installed, we think it will stop me from having to suck water out of the basement every time it rains.

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.