Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

A. A. A. D. D.

Does this apply to you???
 
Recently, I was diagnosed with A. A. A. D. D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.
 
This is how it manifests itself:
 
I decide to water my garden.
 
As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide my car needs washing.
 
As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mail box earlier.
 
I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.
 
I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the rubbish bin under the table, and notice that the bin is full.
 
So, I put the bills back on the table and decide to take out the rubbish first.
 
But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.
 
I take my cheque book off the table, and see that there is only one cheque left.  My extra cheques are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of coke that I had been drinking.
 
I'm going to look for my cheques, but first I need to push the coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.  I see that the coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.
 
As I head toward the kitchen with the coke, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye; they need to be watered.
 
I place the coke down on the work surface, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.
 
I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.
 
I set the glasses back down on the work top, fill a container with water and suddenly I spot the TV remote.  Someone has left it on the kitchen table.
 
I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the lounge where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.
 
I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.
 
Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.
 

32 comments:

  1. hahahahahahaaaa I plead the 5th! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is me completely...thanks for allowing me to feel not so alone and crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Princess...you are definitely not alone or crazy! ;)

      Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  3. Lol...... Is it activated in your 20s?

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's when it hit me Callie! ;)

      Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  4. Definitely me. It's a wonder I get anything done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Know that feeling Dana. ;)

      Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  5. Yah......that's TOTALLY me - but I also blame it on the kids, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cali...ya might have a point there! ;)

      Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  6. Hahaha..I did not know the dignosis AAADD. LOL..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you have a diagnosis to blame it on ML! ;)

      Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  7. LOL. Me to a T.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think it describes a lot of us Ronnie. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  8. LoL, yep, me too! Is THAT what it's called! Glad to know it has a name and that I'm not alone LoL

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely not alone Roz...isn't nice to have a name for it!;)

      Hugs and Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  9. So glad that disease has finally been given a name. I've been suffering from "and then" disease for years, glad it's finally been diagnosed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always nice to have a diagnosis for something so frustrating. Think a lot of us have suffered from this for years! ;)

      Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. LOL George...welcome to the club. ;)

      Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  11. ROFL! The story of my life!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Queenie...happy to 'know' you better now! ;)

      Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  12. Oh yes that is so me both at home at at work. I end up with loads of things half done! Glad I'm not the only one, but I'm not sure that helps
    J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Janey...it helps to know you are not alone doesn't it? ;)

      Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Does around here also Minelle! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  14. So glad to know it has a name...happens to me all the time... :-) it reminds my of the children's picture book "If you give a mouse a cookie" who gets distracted and then does a full circle back to the beginning... having fun catching up.... :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Terps...think it happens more to mom's...we just have too much to keep track of! ;)

      Hugs and Blessing...
      Cat

      Delete
  15. Yep I once watered our garden 8 full hours because of this sort of thing! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Sara...sorry but had to laugh at that one! ;) Hope your garden wasn't ruined!

      Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.