After I picked myself up off the floor and dried my eyes from laughing so hard, I started searching cookbooks.
Since I haven’t shared a recipe lately and had to write them up for son and DIL, thought I’d share one with all y’all.
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Add all ingredients to bowl and beat briskly until well blended
- Pour half of mixture into greased 8 or 9 inch skillet
- Brown over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes
- Turn and brown the other side
- Repeat with remaining mixture
- Cut into wedges
- Top with pats of butter while hot
- A lot of times, I used evaporated milk instead of regular milk
- The recipe claims it serves 4 – Ha! That’s only 2 wedges per person and with my guys…not nearly enough! I always had to make a double sometimes triple batch.
- Best served hot
- Usually placed the finished wedges in a warm oven while making the others