No-bake Orange Juice Cookies
- 1 (12 ounce) vanilla wafer cookies
- 3/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed not diluted
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- Toast 1 cup of chopped nuts
- Chop wafer cookies until fine in a food processor or smash in plastic bag with rolling pin
- Mix wafer crumbs, orange juice, powdered sugar, butter, and chopped nuts together.
- Shape the mixture into walnut-size balls
- Gently press in finely chopped nuts.
- Layer cookie balls between sheets of waxed paper in covered container in refrigerator
- Heat heavy bottomed pan over medium heat and add nuts
- Spread nuts evenly over the pan surface and let them sit for 30 seconds or so, then stir
- Keep stirring approx 3-4 minutes or until the nuts become fragrant
- Remove from heat
- Spread out and plate and set aside to cool
- Spread chopped nuts on a plate
- Microwave in 30 second increments until toasted, tossing between stops
- Usually takes about 1 1/2 minutes total.
- Set aside to cool
- Be very careful not to burn the nuts either way you choose to toast them.
- These cookies are very sweet with an intense orange flavor
Participating Blogs...be sure to visit for some awesome treats!
Just remember, the 10th of December lasts a whole 24 hours…and goes across international date lines! So if there's nothing posted when you first visit, don't grumble., just try visiting later.