If you tell yourself any of the following affirmations on a regular basis, make sure you stop telling them to yourself right now, and swap them out for more uplifting, positive affirmations instead.
1. “I’ll never be good enough.”By far, this sentence right here disempowers people more than anything else. It automatically sets you up for failure before you even begin, because it instills the limiting belief that you just don’t possess the qualities to succeed in life. Remember, you incarnated here during these times because you have a specific purpose, and the strength to bear all of life’s struggles. You ARE good enough, because otherwise, you wouldn’t have been called upon to make a difference.
2. “I can’t.”Think of how much you have accomplished in your life so far, and how many opportunities you’ve found by overcoming obstacles. Your ego always wants to take the lead and discourage you from moving forward, but your heart can quickly overpower your mind as long as you believe in it. Remember, what you think about comes about, so by believing you can’t do something, you will manifest that exact reality. Empower yourself, and realize that the only limits in life are the ones you place on yourself.
3. “I will never get out of this situation.”Just because your present doesn’t represent the life you really want, doesn’t mean that the universe won’t help you create a better reality. Struggles are inevitable in life, but remember, those who have met the most challenges will receive the most rewards later on. Good things take time, so don’t doubt what the universe has in store for you. It may not seem like it, but everything ALWAYS works in divine order, and your current situation reflects your vibration right now. Change your vibration to change your situation.
4. “My life is a mess.”Learn to see the beauty in chaos. Just because you don’t have everything in order and live a “perfect” existence, doesn’t mean you can’t have an enjoyable life. The happiest people just make the best of their situation, change what they can, and forget about what they can’t. We often magnify our problems, but don’t give thanks for our blessings. Focus on what you love about your life, and the problems you face will suddenly seem less severe.
5. “I need to live up to other’s expectations to make them happy.”
If others only feel happy when you meet certain conditions, then that’s a problem with themselves, not with you. Therefore, it only makes sense to make yourself happy, and others can either hop on board the happy train, or complain their days away because they had a different idea of how you should live. At the end of your life, you’ll want to look back and say you lived how YOU wanted, not how others suggested you should.
6. “Everything is hopeless.”
Giving in to the idea that you can’t make changes in your life only makes you a victim, leaving you powerless, afraid, and frustrated. You can only cultivate a more hopeful, positive attitude about life by changing yourself first, because then the outside world will match your vibration. Where you once saw destruction, you will see opportunities to plant the seeds of change. Where you once saw angry people, you will see people to give your love to so that their faith in humanity might be restored. It’s only hopeless if you believe it is, so try to see the positive in any situation.
7. “Life is too hard.”“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Khalil Gibran
Remember this quote next time you feel you can’t take another step; every battle you fight in life only makes you a more resilient, capable human being. Every struggle makes you stronger, so don’t let them get you down; feel thankful for the lessons you’ve learned, and use them to sculpt the life you’ve envisioned for yourself.
8. “I feel so alone.”We have over 7 billion people on this planet, so even if you feel lonely at times, just know that someone, somewhere, is going through the same thing as you. If you feel alone, get to know yourself better, and learn to enjoy your own company. You can’t feel alone if you enjoy who you’re spending time with, and this will help you to connect deeper with others as well.
9. “It’s too late for me to change my life.”No matter if you’re 35 or 75, you can ALWAYS make a difference in your life. Age is just a number, and time is everlasting. Just do what you can in each moment you have breath in your body, and you won’t have any regrets. Make the most of what you have, and don’t allow the past to dictate your present or future. You have the power to mold your life however you choose, and life can change in an instant based on the choices you make in the moment.
10. “I give up.”
The moment you say this to yourself, you admit defeat. You reject any further experiences for growth that you might have had, and instead tell yourself that you don’t have what it takes to keep going. But, you forget that you have limitless potential, and you came here to embody your highest self. You have everything you need within, so don’t let your ego tell you otherwise.
Keep this powerful quote in mind anytime you feel negative thoughts creeping up: