Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Friday, February 22, 2013

A Talk with Coach

At one point during a game, the coach called one of his 7-year-old soccer players aside and asked, "Do you understand what cooperation is?  What a team is?"

The little boy nodded in the affirmative.

"Do you understand that what matters is not whether we win or lose, but how we play together as a team?"

The little boy nodded yes.

"So," the coach continued, "I'm sure you know, when a penalty is called, you shouldn't argue, curse, attack the referee, or call him a pecker-head."

Do you understand all that?"

Again the little boy nodded.

He continued, "And when I call you off the field so that another boy gets a chance to play, it's not good sportsmanship to call your coach a dumb ass, is it?"

Again the little boy nodded.



"Good," said the coach. "Now go over there and explain all that to your mother."



Have definitely seen some of those mothers! 

 

22 comments:

  1. LOL...... Its sad sometimes at sports when those mothers are not the minority :(

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The joke is funny but also sad because it is so true. :(

      Delete
  2. Sad but I saw that kind of thing all the time at hockey games too. It takes the fun out of it for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Rose...no fun for kids at all...especially the kids whose mothers are behaving like that!

      Delete
  3. Oh I can't stand parents like that! Soccer season is starting now so I know I'll hear it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Tricia. So happy my kids are grown...seems to get worse every year.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness - the hockey mothers that I remember from my sons years in that sport. Unbelievable. I was always just sitting in the stands thinking, "don't let him get hurt, don't let him get hurt...."
    Great joke, Cat
    hugs
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOCKEY mom's ARE the worst!!! Or should I say CAN be the worst. You think sitting in a cold arena would keep the temper down! Sheesh.

      Delete
    2. Hey Lillie...the joke is what my grandma used to call 'kidding on the square'. Presented in joke form but very true. I'm with you, I was always just praying my boys wouldn't get hurt.

      Hugs and Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
    3. Hey Willie...neither of mine played hockey but I would think that all that ice would cool them down. Surprised their temper tantrums don't melt the ice. ;)

      Delete
  5. Sorry to say I think this has more truth than not. Having been to several of the grands games this past year, I really wonder about some parents

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya know Sunny, I have always wondered how they treat their kids when then get them home...scary thought.

      Delete
  6. Bad behavior.....from the adults! Yep-- boy the stories....right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of those parents can be downright scary can't they Minelle!

      Delete
  7. ROFL, good ole soccer moms eh

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed the joke Roz. Not just soccer, add hockey, football, basketball, baseball, whatever sport kids compete in.

      Hugs and Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  8. There used to be a commercial here, where a little girl and her mother were in a grocery story. And the little girl kept yelling things at the other shoppers, ( when their cart was in the aisle, or they got 'cut off') that you would hear people say at a sporting event. Quite the eye opener 'out of context'

    Love willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Willie...and the mother probably wondered where she got it!

      Hugs and Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
  9. In our son's soccer and basketball years he played rec.,competitive, school, and church leagues. The church league parents were always the worst. Let the kids play and the parents need to be supportive and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome L...very good point...let kids be kids and learn to play the game with good sportsmanship.

      Delete
  10. I could tell you about a little guy's hockey game that I went to recently...bah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm sure you could Susie and bet is was scary.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.