Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Stay Young My Friend


We all need to read this one over and over…
until it becomes part of who we are!
stay young 1




HOW TO STAY YOUNG

1.  Try everything twice.
On one woman's tombstone she said she wanted this epitaph:
"Tried everything twice. Loved it both times!"



2.  Keep only cheerful friends.
The grouches pull you down.
(Keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches!)



stay young 2





3. Keep learning:
Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever...
Never let the brain get idle. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'
And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!




4. Enjoy the simple things.



stay young 3


5. Laugh often, long and loud.
Laugh until you gasp for breath.
And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with
HIM / HER.

stay young 4

6. The tears happen:
Endure, grieve, and move on.
The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves.
LIVE while you are alive. 




7. Surround yourself with what you love:
whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever...
Your home is your refuge.



stay young 5


8. Cherish your health:
If it is good, preserve it.
If it is unstable, improve it.
If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

 
9. Don't take guilt trips..
Take a trip to the mall, even to the next  city, state,to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.

 
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
I love you, my special friend.
stay young 6

















11. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second chance.


 


And if you don't send this to at least 4 people - who cares?

But do share this with someone. (So I'm sharing this with my blogland family!)

stay young 7


Remember! Lost time can never be found.


Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. 


stay young 8


Wine does not make you FAT...
- it makes you LEAN...
(Against tables, chairs,  floors, walls and people.)

24 comments:

  1. Thanks Cat for sharing these great points!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed them Anon.

      Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. Like them all Cat but my favorite is the last one "Wine does not make you FAT...it makes you LEAN...Against tables, chairs, floors, walls and people." LOL Thanks, Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Gina...that is one of my favorites. ;)

      Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. Love all of theses sayings Cat, the kindness one is my favourite
    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you like them Jan...that is a good saying isn't it.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. These are great Cat, thanks for sharing. Wine makes you lean cracked me up and I love the kindness one and tell the people you love that you love them. Sadly, we quite often overlook this.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Roz...I actually couldn't pick a favorite...that's why ya got them all. ;) Happy you enjoyed them.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. Cat,

    I d love your posts. The wine made me laugh out loud. Thank you.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ronnie...the wine one is funny isn't it. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  6. I saw the first sentence and cartoon on my email feed and thought, "Oh, Lord, she's upside down. What is Cat getting up to now, and trying to get us to do while standing on our heads?!" I was so relieved it's nothing outrageous, outlandish, ridiculous, silly, physically impossible or potentially mortifying... Oh, who am I kidding? I knew there would be some reference to a little crazy fun. Lol! I'm touched by the heart in this, too.

    Thanks, Cat. Much love to you, my friend. Hugs and blessing!

    Irishey (who shall endeavor to be less grouchy :-D )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Irishey...Cat is always upside down! ;) Happy you enjoyed and will endeavor to be a bit less grouchy. Just remember...grouchy lets the 'pita' win. *snicker*

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  7. This was absolutly wonderful. They are all so true. You are only as old as you allow yourself to feel. Age is only a number.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed Sunny! Oh yes...age is only a number...as long as you enjoy life, you are never old!

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  8. #5 is why I visit your blog most everyday :) Thanks Cat!
    Love and hugs, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet compliment Queenie...Thank you!

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  9. These are so great. :) I love the one about saying I love you often. I want the last words people hear from me to be those, so I end all my calls with friends and family with an "I love you" and my emails with "Love and Prayers". So much so, that one day I almost said it to a telemarketer as I hung up! lol

    {{{hugs}}} EsMay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed them Es May. That is a lovely habit you have there but if you had done that to the telemarketer...LOL

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  10. I love this post..so many wonderful words of wisdom. My daughter in law and i celebrated national wine day together yesterday!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed these Abby. LOL...you two celebrated national wine day? And what did Master have to say about that? So happy you enjoyed your time with your family!

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  11. This is really sweet. Thank-you for sharing and brightening my day. :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Terps...so happy it brightened your day! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  12. Very cute. I like the little mouse drinking from the straw. I have seen ducks do a similar thing before at the lake we live near. People will be sunning on a loungechair and the duck will go sip from their drink under their chair. They have no idea! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Sara...thanks for sharing that very cute story. I will be very careful with my drinks if I decide to sun anywhere near a duck! :D

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.