Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Monday, November 25, 2013

Bacon, Bacon, oh and Bacon!


bacon rules


happiness and bacon


exercise and bacon













bacon roses
UPDATE:  I apologize...I forgot to add the link for creating bacon roses.  Click here to get the instructions.

A friend of mine who knows how much I love bacon sent me these recipes last year. They are both very easy and crowd pleasingly delicious! You just have to be careful that you don't eat it all before serving! LOL

 
Spiced Bacon Twists
Ingredients
1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tablespoons dry mustard powder
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pound sliced bacon

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Place a rack in a baking pan or edged baking sheet deep enough to catch the grease.
  3. In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, mustard powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper.
  4. Coat each slice of bacon well with the mixture.
  5. Twist each coated slice into a spiral and place on rack making sure not to crowd or overlap
  6. Bake for approximately 30 minutes until bacon is crisp and holds it shape.
  7. Serve at room temperature.

Bacon Candy Yes, you read this right…Candy! Open-mouthed smile
Ingredients
1 pound sliced bacon
¼ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Place a rack in a baking pan or edged baking sheet deep enough to catch the grease.
  3. Place the sugar in a small bowl
  4. Cut bacon slices into 1 inch pieces
  5. Coat pieces well in brown sugar
  6. Bake for approximately 30 minutes until bacon is crispy.
  7. Let cool and harden.
  8. Serve at room temperature.
Notes:
  • Can change up the candy by adding ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon to the brown sugar.
 
Just a reminder…for those of you that want a dinner with bacon, take a look at my Colcannon recipe

As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask and if you try the recipe, I would love any feedback you would care to give.

Hope you enjoy!





18 comments:

  1. Ooooh even if I am dieting...I want to try those bacon roses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Minelle...thanks for mentioning that...had to go add the link for the instructions to make them when I saw your comment! LOL Think you would enjoy the candy and also the spiced twists...you can always just leave the cayenne pepper out so it won't be as spicy.

      Let me know if you try any of these. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. LOL Chickie...good stuff! Hope you enjoy! If you make it, let me know how you liked it. ;)

      Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. I have boys who totally LOVE bacon! I'm so going to try that recipe for bacon candy!
    :) Cali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Cali...if your boys love bacon, they will be begging for the bacon candy after you make it one time! ;) Let me know how everyone likes it.

      Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. Life without bacon is not worth living.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Meredith! Let me know if you try any of these. ;)

      Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. OMG Cat, I'm with Meredith! Those recipes look soo good and the roses amazing! Thanks for sharing

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just let me know if you try any of these Roz! These are also great if you need to take a dish for potluck! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  6. As pretty as that all looks, I'm allergic to pork products :( none for me ;)

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Callie...you poor deprived thing! However, you can make these with turkey bacon...actually makes turkey bacon taste a lot better. ;)

      Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  7. OMG. I love you for this. Bacon makes me happy. Very, very happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL Cathy...just reading about bacon makes you happy doesn't it! These are also awesome if you have unexpected guests and need a quickie appetizer. ;) Let me know if you make either recipe or the roses.

      Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  8. Lol, such funny pictures. I love bacon, and I have a sweet tooth once in a while, but I could never combine the two! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *snicker* Kenzie...never say never. Try it...you might like it. They are actually very good...if you don't want to try the bacon candy, try the spicy twists. If you do try either one, let me know. ;)

      Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  9. oooo...yum. my daughter wanted to become a vegetarian (right around the age that you start learning about where food comes from)...it lasted less than 24 hours right up to the point when she learned bacon came from a pig. :-) hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Terps...tummy wins out! Thanks for sharing. ;) If you make either recipe, you'll have to let me know the reaction.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.