Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Saturday, January 31, 2015

They Walk Among Us

Our own Meredith from New Twist, After All These Years sent these to me.  Hope you enjoy them as much as I did! Winking smile 
 

IDIOT SIGHTING
I handed the teller at my bank a withdrawal slip for $400.00.

I said "May I have large bills, please."

She looked at me and said "I'm sorry sir; all the bills are the same size."

When I got up off the floor I explained it to her...


IDIOT SIGHTING
When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it.

We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver side door. 

As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked.  'Hey,' I announced to the technician, 'it's open!’

His reply: 'I know.  I already got that side.'

This was at the Ford dealership in Canton, MN
 

IDIOT SIGHTING
We had to have the garage door repaired.

The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener.

I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower.

He shook his head and said, 'Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower.’  I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4.

He said, 'NO, it's not.  Four is larger than two.'

We haven't used Sears repair service since.


IDIOT SIGHTING
My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the clerk a $5 bill.

Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter.

She said, ‘You gave me too much money.'

I said, 'Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back.'

She sighed and went to get the manager, who asked me to repeat my request.

I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said 'We're sorry but we cannot do that kind of thing.'

The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1 and 75 cents in change.

Do not confuse the clerks at McD's.


IDIOT SIGHTING IN FOOD SERVICE
My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco.

She asked the person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.'

He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg lettuce.

-- >From Kansas City


IDIOT SIGHTING
I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, 'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?’ 

To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?’ 

He smiled knowingly and nodded, 'That's why we ask.'

Happened in Birmingham, Ala.


IDIOT SIGHTING
The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street.

I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine. 

She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for.

I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red.

Appalled, she responded, 'What on earth are blind people doing driving?!'

She was a probation officer in Wichita, KS


IDIOT SIGHTING
At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker who was leaving the company due to 'downsizing,' our manager commented cheerfully, 'This is fun.  We should do this more often.’ 

Not another word was spoken.  We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare.

This was a lunch at Texas Instruments.


IDIOT SIGHTING
I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the sake of her life, couldn't understand why her system would not turn on.

A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriffs office, no less.


IDIOT SIGHTING
How would you pronounce this child's name?   "Le-a"

Leah?? 
NO         

Lee - A?? 
NOPE          

Lay - a?? 
NO     

Lei?? 
Guess Again.

This child attends a school in Kansas City, Mo.  

Her mother is irate because everyone is getting her name wrong. 

It's pronounced "Ledasha".  

When the Mother was asked about the pronunciation of the name, she said, "the dash don't be silent."

SO, if you see something come across your desk like this,please remember to pronounce the dash.

If dey axe you why, tell dem de dash don't be silent.


STAY ALERT
They walk among us...and they VOTE and REPRODUCE!!

Thanks Mere…these were great! Open-mouthed smile


Sending lots of prayers and positive energy for those of you in the US upper Midwest and Northeast who are forecast for more snow.  Hope you and yours stay safe and warm!

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed these Irishey! ;) Hope everything is going well with you and yours.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. LoL, these are great. Shaking my head. Thank you Cat and Meredith :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Roz...happy you enjoyed them. Shaking your head is about the only thing to do! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness lol!! especially that last one :))
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed them Jan! That last one really got to me also! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. DUH...the change one.....giving them the correct coins so you get a bill back.....happens to me. All i can say is ...we should be teaching...think, then speak.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The change one has bitten me in the butt more than once Abby! Ya just want to smack em upside the head to knock some sense in their heads!

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. I've had some of those experiences - don't forget to pronounce the dash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So right Sunny...ya can't forget the dash! ROFLMBO! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  6. Hi Cat, these are great fun, thank you for the giggle, I need that so much today!

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to help give you a few giggles Nina. Hang in there, keep your head up and enjoy every day with your loved ones...especially Tilda! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  7. These were fun to read, Cuz! :) Thanks to you and Meredith too. They gave me a good laugh and I was with everyone else shaking my head. Many hugs,

    <3 Katie T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed them Cuz...they also had me shaking my head...especially "the dash don't be silent" *sigh*

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.