Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Reeses Peanut Butter Cups

When Missy posted about her chocolate spanking saga I told her I had a recipe for homemade Reeses Peanut Butter Cups if she wanted it.   And…she did!  Thought some others in blogland might enjoy it also…so here it is!  BTW…the comments in parentheses () in the same color/font as the recipe are from the author of the recipe.  Mine are in purple at the bottom.  LOL


clip_image002

 

Ingredients

  • 3/4 lb. Good quality dark or milk chocolate
  • 1 Cup of Smooth or Chunky Peanut Butter (I used smooth)
  • 1 Cup of Powdered Sugar
  • 1/3 Cup of Graham Crumbs
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Peanut butter cup mold (also available at craft stores)
  • OR muffin/cupcake papers

 

Instructions

Chocolate
  1. Melt chocolate at 50% power in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds. The chocolate does not have to be completely melted, as it sits little pieces will melt in. Be extra careful not to overheat the chocolate or it will seize.
  2. Place about a teaspoon of chocolate in each well or muffin cup and with the back of a spoon, "pull" the chocolate up the sides ensuring the bottom and sides are completely covered.
clip_image003
  1. Place in the freezer for about 30 seconds to stiffen up the chocolate and you can "re-pull" more or fill in any gaps. (I held my mold up to light and it was easy to see spots where the chocolate was thin)
  2. Place back into the fridge until cold
Filling
  1. Mix together peanut butter, powdered sugar, salt and graham crumbs in a bowl
  2. Microwave about 90 seconds to soften the mixture and allow it to be poured.
  3. Place 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter mixture into the wells and gently tap or shake to smooth it.
clip_image004
  1. Place in the freezer for about 5 minutes
Top
  1. Spoon enough chocolate on top of the peanut butter to cover it and shake or tap the mold/cup to smooth the top
  2. Refrigerate until cold
  3. Enjoy!
clip_image005

Courtesy of Spend With Pennies

This recipe has been created by and is property of Spend With Pennies. 

MY NOTES:
Regarding ingredients:

  • I used Dark Chocolate
  • I used Natural Organic Smooth Peanut Butter
  • I’m assuming she meant Graham Cracker crumbs which is what I used…very finely ground BUT I have also made the recipe without them...only difference is that without makes a bit softer texture in the peanut butter center.
  • I used my mini muffin pans…
    • once with mini muffin papers
    • once without so didn’t have the little ridges...I did wipe each cup with a bit of coconut oil to keep them from sticking.
    • You could use regular muffin pans and papers.
Regarding chocolate:
  • I prefer to melt my chocolate in a double boiler on the stove…I find I have more control over the chocolate.
    • A double boiler is a pot that sits in another pot with water gently boiling in the bottom pot…the water cannot touch the bottom of the upper pot or it can ruin your chocolate.
    • If you don’t have a double boiler, you can set a glass or stainless steel bowl over a pot of gently boiling water.
Regarding filling:
  • Again, I prefer to melt on the stove rather than the microwave as I have better control over the melting process…
    • if you melt your peanut butter too much it is way too runny
    • if you get it too hot, it will melt the chocolate when you pour it in.
Regarding top:
  • You will probably need to warm the chocolate back up a bit in order to spoon it over the filling.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Hope you enjoy!






22 comments:

  1. Oh...Cat....THANK YOU...i think......hmmm now that i have joined and am actually going to the gym, and if a limit myself to 1 a day...it could work.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Abby...using dark chocolate and natural peanut butter is much healthier than the ones you buy in the store and a small portion is much better than denying yourself and then binging. ;) Oh and they freeze nicely!

      If you make them, let me know how they turn out. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
    2. Ahh...thanks, i will use the natural ingredients....my grands eat almost all natural...and freezing them is a great solution to eating just 1....and Oh...i will be making them!!!
      hugs abby

      Delete
    3. Hey Abby...please let me know how you and your grands like them! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. Oh Cat I think I've just fell in love with you :) thank you for the recipe I'm gonna be fat but happy :)

    I'm not too sure what graham crumbs or crackers are but I'll google it and maybe just leave it out. I'm so excited like a little kid now, I'll post some picks of my home made Reese's and invite you for a virtual afternoon Tea :)

    Again thanks you're a star x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Missy...you're too funny. ;)

      Graham crackers are a type of lightly sweetened, whole grain cracker. Here is a good homemade recipe for it...just don’t use the topping portion of the recipe. http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2009/05/graham-crackers/

      As I said in my notes, you really don't have to use the graham crackers...the peanut butter will just be a bit softer. If you have a similar cracker, you can finely crumble and use it.

      Will be happy to join you for an afternoon virtual tea. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. I have a similar recipe, Cat, as we all love these. But your recipe is much easier than mine, so I think I shall use yours in future. And yours are prettier!

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ami...Hope you enjoy them. Let me know how they turn out for you! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. Interesting recipe, Cat. I really like Reeses. I never would have imagined fine graham cracker crumbs in the peanut butter filling, nor that much sugar. I think some graham crackers are strongly flavored. That might overpower the peanut butter taste - ya think? I might to find the ones that are very bland if I try this recipe.

    It's been ages since we made these. I remember melting semi-sweet chocolate, and using a small cookie cutter just slightly smaller than the foil cups to make discs of a flattened/rolled peanut butter mixture. It seems we filled each cup about a third full of chocolate, laid in the pb disc, then topped with more chocolate to almost fill up the cups. Wish I could recall what we used in the pb mix - seems like it was crushed Nilla Wafers or Danish butter cookies (probably because we usually had either on hand) and light brown sugar. Crushed biscotti might be good, and I suppose any dry cookie would work if you consider how it will flavor the pb filling. The important thing is it has to be crushed finely - at least to fine cornmeal texture.

    Ooooh, how about crushed Oreos mixed in the pb for us Double Chocolate Lovers?! Lol! I wonder if mixing in the Oreo creme filling would be enough to replace the added sugar? Probably. The resultant texture...? Hmm.

    Now I want a Reeses. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Irishey...I have used mild graham crackers and only 1/3 cup so it really doesn't add any overpowering flavor. The main thing with using graham cracker crumbs or any other dry cookie is to make sure they are finely ground...yes, fine cornmeal texture or finer. Nilla Wafers or Danish Butter cookies would probably work very well. I have also made these without any crumbs....the peanut butter was just a bit softer.

      Ooh...finely ground Oreos could be very yummy and the cream filling would probably replace the added sugar. I've always used a scant cup of powdered sugar and it does help in firming so not sure what the cream filly without sugar would do to the texture.

      If you make these, let me know how they turn out for you!

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. Hi Cat, I fancy a go at these but I have no idea what a graham cracker is so I will miss that bit!!
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jan...see my answer to Missy above. As Irishey and I were discussing, you could use any dry, mild flavor cookie aka biscuit and it should be great.

      If you make these, please let me know what you used and how you like them.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  6. I'm on a diet here, Cat... Come on, lol. Those are way too tempting.. oh my goodness, gonna have to make some anyway. ;)

    {{{hugs}}} EsMay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL EsMay...you as I told Abby, they freeze nicely and if you make the mini's, you could just take out one. Made with dark chocolate and organic peanut butter, they will be good for you. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  7. OMG i must try this!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! Hope you enjoy them Tasha! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  8. OK then Cat!!! :) This looks too good to pass up! I will be making these in the very near future for this house full of hungry residents! Thank you for the recipe. Looks great! I tend to use a double boiler as well. I prefer it. I think because I grew up that way.

    All I can say is yum yum YUM and thank you!!! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Katie T...let me know how your hungry hoards like them! I'm really thinking about Irishey's suggestion of using Nilla Wafers instead of Graham Crackers...might have to see how I like that!

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  9. Mmmmm...those look amazing! I wish I wasn't eating sugar free and low carb right now or I'd be all over those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Tomsrose. You might want to bookmark this post and then when you can eat sugar and carbs, you will have it. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sharing. Peanut butter cups are Musicman's favorite. I never thought about trying to make them for him, but now I'm gonna give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Faerie...Hope Musicman enjoys them. Please let me know if you have any questions and would love to hear how they turn out! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.