Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Dangly Bits...






Walking Palm Tree
Arenal Hanging Bridges Costa Rica


Ha! That got your attention did it? LOL

Update: Thanks to our own Irishey, we have the following information about the above pic.

Those penis-looking things are the tree roots, known as stilt roots. There are two varieties of this stilt root canopy palm in Costa Rica: Iriartea deltoidea (which I think this one is), and Socratea exorrhiza. The roots of these trees detach from the ground on one side of the tree as more roots are sent down on the other side. Apparently, these trees have been scientifically proven to move because of this phenomenon, thus they are called walking palms. They're also called penis trees, walking penis palms, etc. Thanks Irishey!


Found the following recently.



Not sure if it's true or a joke but it was funny so thought I'd share it.



The Penis - 3 Studies

In 2008, Harvard University funded a study to see why the head of a man's penis was larger than the shaft. After one year and $180,000, they concluded that the reason the head was larger than the shaft was to give the man more pleasure during sex.





After Harvard published the study, The University of Oxford decided to do their own study. After $250,000 and 3 years of research, they concluded that the reason was to give the woman more pleasure during sex.





Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), unsatisfied with these findings, conducted their own study. After three weeks and a cost of around $75.47, they concluded that it was to keep a man's hand from flying off and hitting him in the forehead.

Courtesy of 




With all the crazy studies that are funded, it would not surprise me to find that these were the results of actual studies.  I seriously doubt it, but ya just never know. LOL





21 comments:

  1. OMG! First the picture was, "Oh my!" Then the studies... can't stop laughing! I'm going to have to share that one around! Thanks, Cat! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I have the image of said mans hand... Um.... Not flying into his ....um...head....I mean forehead . Ha ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby said that's an old joke but it's funny nonetheless. The heading naturally got my attention and the the picture was a surprise to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Hubby is right Sunny but I still enjoyed it. Surprised by the pic were ya? ;-)

      Delete
  4. I have seen crazier studies. This study does have some potentiality of actually being interesting to some people.
    Have they considered the possibility that all three reasons are valid?
    Or will that be the follow up study?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have also seen crazier studies Bas. That's why it would not surprise me if one or all of these institutions actually did conduct a similar study. ;-)

      All three reasons are valid in my opinion. haha

      Who knows if they will do a follow up. LOL

      Delete
  5. Wow, what a picture! I'll be sharing this one with my hubby and a few friends :) I wouldn't be at all surprised if it really was a study. They've studied the sex life of fruit flies after all! Of course, they could have just asked any guy on the street and saved a bundle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Queenie - you'll have to let us know hubby's reaction. ;)

      I had actually heard something about the study of the fruit flies sex life and could only roll my eyes - and yes I got away with it!

      Delete
  6. I really despise laptop keyboards. Just deleted my entire comment, twice, because of some imbedded hotkey combination on here. It happens often, and is partly why I use my phone for most online things. Gggrrrr...

    I WAS chuckling over this post! Breathe... Okay, better now. ;-)

    That arenal hanging bridges is a plant or tree? That would be cool to plant in my yard. Think of the icebreaker potential when we finally organize our meet-the-neighbors bbq!

    Cat, I conducted my own study, at no cost, and know the reason... ;-)

    Irishey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is, at once, the scariest and most wonderful thing I have ever seen.

      What is it, and where do I get one? LOL

      I am interesting to know the results of Irishey's study. Independent studies are often so illuminating.
      If it didn't have a head, it would be far less likely likely to be so frequently given it's own persona. But I guess that is an effect of and does not address the reason for it's existence.

      Delete
    2. LOL Irishey - you need to disable those hot key combos. ;)

      Have no clue if the arenal hanging bridges is a plant or tree. Just got an email with this pic - ok so vanilla friends think I'm a perv also. :) That would be quite a conversation piece in the yard. Hmmm meet-the-neighbors bbq intro - yup could be very interesting.

      Ok, you have conducted your own study and at no cost?! When are you planning on publishing the results?

      Hey there Lillie - If I ever find out where we can arenal hanging bridges, I'll be sure and share the info with you and Irishey. :)

      I'm wondering when Irishey is going to publish the results of her study - we might have to push her a bit. LOL

      OMG Lillie ROFL - your head given it's own persona?!

      Delete
    3. Oh, phooey! Of course all three studies had valid results. Lol!

      I'm guessing almost every one of us here has conducted our own studies with very nice results. I am positive all of us (with interest in this organ), for a variety of reasons, appreciate the distinct and varied attraction and pleasure afforded by the shape, size and texture of the head in contrast to the shaft. Plus, do any of your men have fist-shaped bruises on their faces? Um, nevermind, I don't want to know. O..o

      I try not to get too graphic with my descriptions. I am, after all, a visitor here who does not want to abuse her welcome. And, I especially didn't want to perhaps shock or offend anybody who prefers not to read about the specific mechanics of my research. Innuendo is often much more fun than down and dirty details anyway, but not always. ;-)

      Oh, hey, I looked up that tree. It's a walking palm tree. Those penis-looking things are the tree roots, known as stilt roots. There are two varieties of this stilt root canopy palm in Costa Rica: Iriartea deltoidea (which I think this one is), and Socratea exorrhiza. The roots of these trees detach from the ground on one side of the tree as more roots are sent down on the other side. Apparently, these trees have been scientifically proven to move because of this phenomenom, thus they are called walking palms. They're also called penis trees, walking penis palms, etc.

      Sheesh, my geek is showing. Later... ;-)

      Irishey

      Delete
    4. ROFL Irishey - love your "study results". Thanks for looking that tree up - I looked up the name that came with it and realized that was the name of the tour where the pic was taken. Was going to look for further info later tonight. Thank you resident geek! ;-)

      Delete
  7. I must make a mental note NOT to drink anything when reading here, Cat >.< I was all interested, cause well, you know me and the psychology & physiology of attraction and eroticism and then the punchline, and I sprayed water clear over the tv, halfway across the living room :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFLMBO June! Hope you got the TV dried off with no damage. :)

      Delete
  8. Yep, you got me with the heading. Wow, no accounting for mother nature eh? LOL

    I wouldn't be surprised if the studies are real, they do some crazy studies but OMG, that is so funny. Thanks for the laugh :)

    PS. I left my coffee in the other room while reading this - I've been burnt before reading your blog with drink in hand :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya know Roz, I sometimes think people make up strange studies just to see if someone is dumb enough to fund it. ;)

      ROFLMBO Roz! At least you didn't have to clean up the TV like June did. Thanks for the laugh!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.