Here is my recipe…No, it’s not cookies but hope you enjoy anyway!
Frosty Strawberry DessertIngredients
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 egg whites
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped to still peaks
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Stir together flour, sugar, walnuts, and butter. Sprinkle this crumbly mixture onto a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring a few times to break up the mixture.
- Whip egg whites until frothy.
- Gradually beat in sugar, strawberries and lemon juice.
- Beat at high speed a few minutes (up to ten minutes depending on your mixer) until very light and fluffy.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Sprinkle ⅔ of the crumb mixture into a 13X9 inch pan.
- Spread strawberry mixture on top of crumbs.
- Top with rest of crumbs.
- Cover tightly and keep in freezer until time to serve, at least an hour.
- Garnish each square with fresh strawberries and promptly return any unused portion to the freezer.
- You can garnish each square with blueberries, blackberries or a combination of berries rather than just strawberries.
Participating Blogs...be sure to go visit for some awesome recipes!
Bleu (private blog, also posted here)
little monkey (private blog, also posted here)
Just remember, the 9th of December lasts a whole 24 hours…and goes across international date lines!
So if there's nothing posted, don't grumble. Just try visiting later.